Hey peeps! So I got this idea from Bookables over on YouTube where she talked about twenty-five bookish facts about her and I found them to be really fun, so I thought that I’d do my own version of this! So here are twenty-five bookish facts about me:
- I didn’t start reading the Harry Potter series until I turned 20. I know, I’m late to the party.
- I really don’t like reading classics, but I’ll give certain authors a try, like Jane Austen. Honestly, that’s it. Sorry classics lovers.
- I’ve only ever been to one book signing and that was for when Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer came out – and I hated it. I was the second to last one in line to get a band to get my books signed, and my two friends got one before they moved the line outside. It was seriously a miserable day, but I still got the first three books signed thanks to my friend.
- I’d totally be going to BEA or BookCon this year, but unfortunately May is a block out month for me at my work this year, so no one’s allowed to take time off. So sad.
- I love bookmarks. Like I have a serious problem and buy more bookmarks than I’ll ever need, but some of them are just so CUTE. I can’t help it.
- I’ve always been a reader, but I got wicked into reading when manga was introduced to me in 6th grade. I read series like Tokyo Mew Mew, Fushigi Yuugi, Fruits Basket, Hot Gimmick, and more. It’s also the time I became obsessed with anime and Japanese culture, as one does.
- Over the last year and a half since starting my blog/Booktube, I’ve accumulated well over 200 books – physical, ebook, and audiobook.
- I got my first tattoo at the end of December last year that is a quote about books and how much I love them (it’s on my right shoulder blade area):
- I’m able to read multiple books at one time and keep track of what plot belongs to what book, characters, setting, etc.
- When I get into a slump, I get into one HARD and it’s really hard for me to pull myself back out unless I read an amazingly awesome book.
- RE: slumps: The last book to pull me out of my really bad slump last year was The Raven Boys by Maggie Steifvater. Love that book and series!
- My favorite genre is fantasy – both adult and YA.
- My least favorite is non-fiction. Unless there’s something to draw me in, I don’t really have an interest in non-fiction books.
- I’ve never read a horror book before, or a mystery book… Actually, does Children of the Corn count? That was creepy AF.
- I remember borrowing a book in second grade from my teacher and I never gave it back. Whoops.
- The first comic book series I’ve read is Saga by Brian K. Vaughan and illustrated by Fiona Staples. And it’s AMAZING.
- I love bags. Like, you know how lots of girls love shoes? Yeah, I’m a bag lady. Some of my favorite purses or totes that I’ve gotten were from Barnes & Noble.
- I’ve gone into Barnes & Noble so much that at one point an employee recognized me every time and would greet me and talk to me and stuff. It was really nice before she left!
- I’ve got to say it: as much as I know The Lord of the Rings is a classic (literally and figuratively), I’m not really interested in reading it just from knowing JRR Tolkien’s style of writing. I’ve read the first four chapter of the first book and it took that long to get the journey started. It was long winded and just not my taste. *ducks and covers from TLotR/JRR Tolkien fans*
- I started Booktube before starting my blog – I think it was almost a week difference.
- I want to someday have a library of books. But, of course, what book lover doesn’t? And by library, I mean like five bookcases or more just full of books. My husband said he’d build me one when we have our own house and I’m holding him to it.
- The first audiobook I listened to was The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson and it sparked my love for the trilogy – so amazing! The narrators did really well with the characters and pronunciations and it was just awesome.
- I have library cards to three libraries from each town I’ve lived in and I’ve made bare minimum appearances there… Like, I’ve been to two of the three once and the other a small handful of times. It’s not that I don’t like libraries, I just like owning my books so I don’t have to worry about returning them on time.
- I’ve buddy read with my husband before, but he reads at such a faster pace than me that we kind of gave up.
- I hate DNFing books. I’ve done it twice, but I think I’m going to pick them up again to give them another try.
There you have it! Twenty-five bookish facts about me. I felt like there should have been more, but I really struggled to come up with twenty-five.
Tell me a few bookish facts about you! I’d love to hear it.
Accompanying video: 25 Bookish Facts About Me