Welcome to another Top Ten Tuesday as hosted by the lovely people of The Broke and the Bookish. Today’s topic was a freebie! Since Valentine’s Day is around the corner, I really wanted to talk about something that will just spawn all of my feels: fictional crushes. DON’T LIE. YOU HAVE THEM TOO.
So here is my list of crushes, and I don’t care if they’re taken in book. They’re mine, too.
- Kaden from The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson. My bae. Seriously, I love him so much. He’s my top book boyfriend. I’m swooning just thinking about him.
- Aeduan from Truthwitch by Susan Dennard. Love him. New character crushes are fantastic, don’t you agree?
- Chaol from the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas. I don’t care how much of a butt you were, you’re still in a special place in my heart.
- Kenji from the Shatter Me trilogy by Tahereh Mafi. Always go for the ones with a sense of humor. I wish there was a novella just about him before the events of the first book. I’d definitely read that.
- Gideon from Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner. His awkward confidence is charming. Plus if I have a computer problem I’ll have a handy dandy dude to help me (not that I don’t already because my husband works with computers, but still…)
- Karou from Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor. There’s more to her than meets the eye. I have more of like a friend crush on her, but she’s still amazing and strong and brave.
- Flynn from This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner. Such a rebel, but also has a golden heart. I love his fire and gumption and I want to have sweet nothings in another language spoken to me.
- Curran from the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews. Alpha male, compulsive, controlling, but so, so good. Them abs, tho.
- Ronan from The Raven Boys cycle by Maggie Steifvater. Bad boy with a good heart? Love it.
- Daenerys Targaryen from A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin. The Khalessi has a special place in my heart. (Though I might want to choose the show version because book version is fourteen years old where I’m at right now…)
So there you have it, ten of my fictional crushes! I’m seriously swooning just thinking about some of these characters while others just make me want to cuddle them.
Who are some of your fictional crushes? Let me know!