Did this month even exist? I feel like it was literally just October 31st a week ago. It’s amazing how fast time is flying this year.
So this month was very lacking in the blog and reading department, but I still want to just briefly talk about what I did read and some of the things I talked about this month.
What I Read
- The Amazing Book is Not On Fire [Audiobook] by Dan Howell and Phil Lester – Yes, I already read this book last month, but as soon as I heard about the audiobook, I just couldn’t resist. And honestly, I loved it so much more than reading the book simply for the fact that Dan and Phil read it, had their own little commentaries here and there, and just some of the quality of it was so much better. I laughed a lot and I just enjoyed it immensely. If you’re a fan of these guys, I suggest giving their audiobook a go. 5/5 stars. Check out my book review here!
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Steifvater – This book was so awesome and very atmospheric. It really brought me into the story and had me craving more and more with each chapter, trying to figure out the mystery behind many things going on in the town of Henrietta. I rated it 4.5/5 stars. Check out my review!
What I Talked About
- All the Updates – I talked about a lot of things that are going on in my life including my one year wedding anniversary, reading, my bird, NaNoWriMo, my life, and this blog.
- Books That Changed My Life – I talked about some of the books that have impacted me in more ways than one.
- Writing Slumps & How Much They Suck – Yeah, they really, really do… I failed at NaNoWriMo this year, so I just kind of wanted to vent a little about why writing slumps suck.
- Fall Time Cozy Time Tag – A fun tag where I answered some questions about some books that reminded me about some of the different things that come to mind when you talk about fall.
- Top Ten Tuesday: Quotes I Love from the Past Year or So and Non-Bookish Things I’m Thankful For – I did two Top Ten Tuesdays this month and in one I talked about some of my favorite book quotes from books that I’ve read over the last year that I love, and in the other I talked about some of the non-bookish things I’m thankful for.
- Top 5 Wednesday: Books I’m Grateful For – On this day I talked about five books that I’m grateful for and that I have really impacted my life in one way or another.
- Book Tree Decorating – I made a Christmas tree with just some of the books that I own! It was a fun project and I definitely want to do it again.
So that’s it for this month! I know it’s not a lot, but I still read things that I really enjoyed, and talked about several things that made me smile, so that’s really all that matters.
See you in December!
How was your November? Did you meet any goals you may have set out to reach, or did you get left in the dust like I did? Let me know!