What a fast month! Seriously, in the blink of an eye we’ve already passed Thanksgiving (for us Americans), gone through the Presidential election (let’s not talk about it, okay?), a second wedding anniversary (yay!), and now it’s practically the holiday season! This year has flown by. I think my mind’s still back in March or April, so pardon the dust. But this month was a month of writing (and failing, and I’m fine with that), of reading fun and fantastic books, and just overall enjoyment.
Books I’ve Read
Click on the cover to be taken to its respective review!
- Illuminae by Jay Kristoff & Amie Kaufman – Was a fantastic, unique, brilliant book! I laughed, I cried, I felt emotions for characters I didn’t expect to feel for, and it was amazing. 5/5 stars!
- P.S. I Like You by Kasie West – This was so cute and I felt that it was really realistic to how a relationship could start in high school. 5/5 stars!
- Scarlet by Marissa Meyer – What a great sequel! I loved the sci-fi elements, the story, and the new characters introduced. 4.5/5 stars!
Books I’ve Gotten
Click on the cover to be taken to each respective Goodreads page!
Other Blog Posts
- Hobby Corner: November MUSIC Edition – Come and join me in my musical geekiness! (Hamilton, pretty much.)
- NaNoWriMo 2016 Week 1 – Embark on an Adventure – The first few days of NaNo started out strong!
- NaNoWriMo 2016 Week 2 – Don’t Give Up! – This was as much a pep talk for me as it was for you guys.
- Beautiful Books – Novel Update – Just a writing update where I answer some questions about how my writing is going.
- NaNoWriMo 2016 Week 3 – Your Writing Is Worth It – Never think that what your writing isn’t worth your time or anyone else’s. It’s so worth it!
- NaNoWriMo 2016 Week 4 – Take a Break – It’s okay to take breaks. Seriously, take a step back if you need to.
- November Uppercase Box Unboxing – I started my Uppercase subscription yet again and I got a fun book that I can’t wait to read!
- Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Movies – A movie freebie where I talked about 12 of my favorite movies.
- Top Ten Tuesday: Happy Thanksgiving! – Giving thanks to bookish things and other things in my life.
- Beat the Backlist Challenge – This challenge is taking place all next year where the challenge is to read books released prior to 2017 that you’ve been waiting to read.
- Top Ten Tuesday: Holiday Gift Guide – Small Businesses – Some of the cool small business that I want (need) some of their products from!
31/30. I surprisingly haven’t read any fantasy books this month, which is fine! I’ve still surpassed my goal, which I’m proud of. For those participating, tell me how you’ve been doing!
So over on my Instagram I participated in four different challenges this month! It was crazy, but I did most of the days and combined two or more of the challenges in one pic, usually doing two a day. It was super fun and next month I’m participating in four again! Also: I love the bookstagram community. Like the rest of the book community, they’re all really sweet, talented people.
Around the Internet
This is a feature I’ve seen in several other blogger’s wrap ups and I think it’s a fun way to show what else I’ve been reading/seeing around the internets!
- Hazel of Stay Bookish talked about being a fat girl and how a book helped her stand up to body shaming.
- Nicola Yoon’s Everything, Everything movie adaptation has a release date of August 18, 2017 (my birthday!).
- #TheThanksUGive was a fun chat where a lot of the book community came together to talk about the thanks we give to others in the community, from bloggers to authors and more.
- Maggie Stiefvater answered the important question: main character’s facial features of how they are in the books (The Raven Cycle).
- My husband and mine’s second wedding anniversary happened and we spent the day in Boston, specifically Brookline because there’s an independent bookstore there that I love. We had a good time and enjoyed ourselves, which was great. We got series one Apple iWatches which are pretty cool. I keep forgetting to wear mine, though, because I’m still not used to wearing something on my wrist all the time. Whoops.
- I saw Moana and it was glorious and I need to see it again. Like now. Right this second. The story was captivating and spoke to me so deeply to my core. The art was stunning and very well made. The representation of the Pacific Islander peoples was amazing to see! It was so fantastic and I highly recommend you check it out.
- I also saw Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. It was cute. Predictable, but cute. It was also kind of long and I couldn’t understand Newt a lot because his accent was so thick, but I loved the creatures and getting a little more backstory of the wizarding world.
- I got Pokemon Sun and have been perpetually distracted by the game since getting it. My team consists of Primarina, Arcanine, Minikyu, Sylveon, Magneton, and Zygarde. I love my team to bits and struggle swapping any of them out for whatever reason. Are you playing one of the new Pokemon games? Tell me your team and which game you’re playing!
Let’s Chat! ≧◡≦
Did you participate in NaNoWriMo this month? How was your progress? What books did you read this month? Did you enjoy your reads? Tell me all the things!