Guys. It’s already the end of July. This year is FLYING by. I don’t know how I feel about that…
But my birthday’s in 19 days, so that’s exciting.
ANYWAY, this month was a rough month for me in terms of reading and doing anything really remotely related to reading. But here’s my wrap-up for the month, so let’s check out what I read, reviewed, talked about, and so on.
So what I read/reviewed this month:
- “City of Fallen Angels” by Cassandra Clare. Though I read this book back in May, I didn’t actually do a review for it because I was going to wait to finish the others before doing so. And then thought better of it, so there’s my review. As a sequel, I felt that it was mostly filler and that it was a lot of information dumping, but it still brought me back into the world and I still did enjoy it. I rated it 3.75/5 stars.
- “Rebel Spring” by Morgan Rhodes. This was the second book in the series and it did pick up more than the first book, but it was still a little boring at times, in my opinion. I did like that we got to see some chapters in King Gaius’s point of view, and even Nic’s. I did like it a little better than the first and I plan on continuing on. I rated it 4/5 stars.
- “The Wrath and the Dawn” by Renee Ahdieh. This retelling of A Thousand and One Nights was full of intrigue, a girl with a silver tongue, a dangerous caliph, and many surprises along the way. Though I did get frustrated toward the end, I really enjoyed this book and can’t wait for the next. I rated this 4/5 stars.
Woo, what a bad reading month. Oh well, at least I read two books, which brings down my TBR a little bit.
I attempted to host my own readathon, Themeathon, this month, but it was kind of a flop as I gave up on it the last two weeks and I’m not entirely sure that people were participating with me. Oh well, always next year.
A couple of talks I had:
- Half a Year in Review: I talked about some of my favorite books, reviews, and discussions that I held over the last six months. It’s been a surprisingly good year so far.
- Acclimating to Some Changes: I talk about some life things and blog things and how things may be changing around here for a little while until I get into the flow of things.
- One Year Blogiversary!: That’s right! I’ve been blogging for over a year now and I’m so excited to see how my blog has changed and grown over that time. I’m glad to have joined the book community as it really brought out my passion and love for books once again.
I did the Unpopular Opinions Tag, which was a fun tag where I talked about some of my own unpopular opinions.
And I did my collective June and July book haul! I didn’t get a crap ton of books over the last two months, which makes me proud that I was able to resist the urge to buy ALL THE BOOKS!
Now, as for my August TBR, I’m not actually going to make one. I’m just going to read what I want and what I’m able to, and hope that I can read as much as possible/doable for me. I am going to try to do the TBR Challenge for the month, which this month is to read a classic, but we’ll have to see what happens!
How was your reading month for July? Did you have a difficult time reading like I did, or did you fly through book after book? What was your favorite read for the month? Let me know!