That’s right, I’m joining another readathon! Everyone’s coming up with a lot of good ones lately, so I’m excited to join!
And, really, if you don’t know me by now: hi, my name is Rayna and I love Disney.
So as soon as I saw there was going to be a readathon based around Disney, OF COURSE I HAD TO JOIN. Disney-a-thon, here I come!
Let’s go over the details of the readathon and then I’ll jump into my team and my TBR!
Time: August 1st-31st
There are four teams for this readathon, and each of the hosts is going to be head of their team:
- Izzy is hosting Team Aladdin
- Ally is hosting Team Tangled
- Francisco is hosting Team Lion King
- Divya is hosting Team Mulan
Each team has their own prompts and reading goals, but I’m going to talk about my team: Team Aladdin!
So each team has a total of five books to read (this is including the group book for their specific team), and each group has a special ability granted to them by one of the characters in their movie!
Here’s the prompts and how many points they’re worth:
- Jasmine: a book that features royalty – 10 points
- Aladdin: a book that includes romance – 10 points
- Magic Carpet: a fantasy book – 10 points
- Jafar: a book that sucks you in as if you’re in a trance, and one you must read only at night/in the dark – 25 points
- Abu: this is the group book: The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell – 50 points
Our special ability is granted by, you guessed it, Genie! Our special ability allows us to DNF a book if we’re not liking it and keep our points for that specific prompt, excluding the group book.
I’m pretty excited because for my TBR I picked books that I think are going to be really fun to read – and they’re all ebooks, which makes me feel like I’m reading faster, even though I’m probably not lol
Here’s my TBR!
- Jasmine: Red, White, & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston
- Aladdin: The Risk by Elle Kennedy
- The Magic Carpet: We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal
- Jafar: The Wicked King by Holly Black
- Abu: The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell
I’m going to take it easy this month and only participate in this readathon. Last month kind of overwhelmed me, haha!
Can you keep one jump ahead of the bread line? One swing ahead of the sword? Or are you going to be swept under by the Cave of Wonders? (If you’re participating in this readathon, let me know and tell me what team you’re on!) Which book are you most excited to read in August?