Welcome to another Top Ten Tuesday as hosted by the lovely people over at The Broke and the Bookish. Today’s topic is all about the books that have been on your TBR for forever and a day before you began blogging. I actually find this really interesting because before I began blogging and joined the book community, I didn’t have a huge pile of books that were waiting for me to read them.
But here are some of the books that WERE on my TBR and may or not be anymore.
1 . The Hunger Games. Yup, that’s right, I still haven’t read this hugely popular series. It’s been on my TBR since the movie was announced and, well… I’ll get to it someday. I really enjoy the movies, and I know the books are awesome, I just need to read them.
2. Vampire Academy. I’ve given up on reading this series. It was a series I went to right after Twilight back in the day, and I only got up through part of book three before I stopped. I don’t plan on picking this one back up so sorry to those who loved this series.
3. Pride and Prejudice. Despite loving this story, I still haven’t read it! Blasphemy, I know, but when I read Sense and Sensibility (several months before I started blogging), I just felt like the language was difficult and the styles were just so different from what I was used to that I was nervous to pick up this one. But I will!
4. Harry Potter. FIVE THOUSAND YEARS IN THE DUNGEON. I know. But I’m working on it! I’m on Goblet of Fire, and it’s a beast of a book, but I find that when I’m reading it goes by quick? Magic, man.
5. The Mortal Instruments. AGAIN, THE DUNGEON. I’m on book five now, but I’m reading TMI and TID in order of publication, so I’m on Clockwork Prince… It’s confusing, I know, but I’ll finish it one day!
6. The Chronicles of Narnia. In my defense, the bind up of all of the stories is ginormous, and I just couldn’t bring myself to read all of them. And again, the language and style of the books are so different from what I’m used to that I find it hard to adjust sometimes. One day I’ll read these! I have read The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe back in school and I really liked it (back when I was eleven or something), but I haven’t read any others.
These are the big ones that I started or wanted to start pre-blogging days, and as you can see, I’ve finished none of them. It’s been two years since I first started blogging and I haven’t even touched any of these books. So sad.
(Also, did you notice the color scheme for the second group of books? Green and yellow are really pretty together!)
Let’s Chat! ≧◡≦
What books did you start back in the day and never finished? Are you joining me in the dungeon? How high up on your TBR have you placed these books or are you like me and just say, “I’ll read them one day?”