I’m here today with a fun book tag and that is the Mean Girls Book Tag created by Sarah-Jane @ TheBookLife! If you’ve never seen this movie, stop what you’re doing and watch it because it is amazing and so funny and so full of stereotypes and…oh man. It’s a classic. I was floating around the blogisphere (as you do) and I stumbled upon it on Lauren @ Bookmark Lit‘s blog and remembered how I had seen it on Booktube last year and wanted to join in.
This will also probably be the most gif heavy post I write.
So, let’s just jump into the tag!
1 . “It’s pronounced like ‘Cady.'” | Which fictional character’s name did you get completely wrong?
I feel like when A Court of Thorns and Roses first came out everyone got Feyre’s and Rhysand’s names wrong. Oh man, I know I did. I didn’t know how to pronounce Feyre’s at all… I think I said “fay-err” and for Rhysand I said “rhye-sand” like a lot of people did. Fail.
2. “She doesn’t even go here!” | Which character would you like to in a fictional world from another book or series?
I’d love to see how Jane from My Lady Jane reacts to being in the world of any contemporary, really. Because she’s set in a time period where women are seen as lesser than men and that they have to wear dresses and act a certain way, etc, she’d probably have a conniption seeing characters like Anna from Anna and the French Kiss wearing jeans and publicly kissing boys and such. I’m laughing just thinking about it!
3. “On Wednesdays we wear pink!” | Repetition. Repetition. Which book gave you deja vu of another book whilst reading it?
I got this feeling a lot when I was reading Red Queen, I think. I felt like I had read the kinds of tropes and storyline before, even though it was obviously her own world and such.
4. “You all have to stop calling each other sluts and whores. It just makes it okay for guys to call you sluts and whores.” | Which book gave you the complete opposite of girl power feels?
I’m really trying hard to think of a book that didn’t give me these feels when it was obvious there was supposed to be those feels, but I can’t think of anything! *stares at bookshelves* I honestly don’t know!
5. “You go, Glen Coco!” | Name a character you felt like you wanted to cheer on whilst reading.
I remember actually cheering OUT LOUD when I was reading A Court of Mist and Fury for Feyre because YOU SLAY GIRL. YOU GO, FEYRE ARCHERON.
6. “Get in loser, we’re going shopping.” | How long do you typically spend at a book shop?
Well, it depends. If I really want to kill time and look around a lot, around an hour or more. I know what I want then I can be in and out within ten minutes.
7. “It’s not my fault you’re like, in love with me or something!” | Which character would have to get out a restraining order on you, if they were real?
I’m pretty sure the entire Night Court in ACOMAF would have to get a restraining order against me because CAN I JUST LIVE THERE PLEASE!? Like, RIGHT NOW!? I want to be where the people are…
8. “I can’t help it that I’m popular.” | Which overhyped book were you cautious about reading?
I think I was cautious going into An Ember in the Ashes because there was A LOT of hype surrounding it when it came out but OH MY GOSH it blew me out of the water! I loved it and am so happy that I read it when I did because it was sooo worth it.
9. “She’s a life ruiner. She ruins people’s lives.” | We all love Regina George. Name a villain you just love to hate.
Even though I haven’t read this far into the series yet, based on the movies, I definitely love to hate (or mostly just hate hate) Professor Umbridge from the Harry Potter series. I’m pretty sure she is one of the most hated of all book villains of ever, but she’s the first one that always comes to mind even though I haven’t read about her yet. In the movies, though, she is so. Annoying. She makes me cringe when I think about her.
10. “I’m not like a regular mom; I’m a cool mom.” | Your favorite fictional parents.
I didn’t think this would be such a difficult question, but I’m going to go with Simon’s parents from Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda. They were so accepting of their son who comes out as gay, and they just seemed like very warm, loving parents.
11. “That is so fetch!” | Which book or series would you love to catch on?
I quite love the Daughter of Smoke & Bone series and I wish more people were talking about it even though it finished about two years ago. There’s so much action, romance, lore, tales, beautiful writing… It’s so amazing! Also I definitely want the Off-Campus series to catch on because it’s so addicting and fun!
12. “How do I even begin to explain Regina George?” | Describe your ideal character to read about.
Oooooh, this is a fun question. The kinds of characters I love reading about, as divided by gender:
- Females: Intelligent, brave, a bit stubborn, knows what she wants, isn’t afraid to speak her mind, gives it her all, and is kind and funny. Characters like Safiya and Iseult from Truthwitch, Karou from Daughter of Smoke & Bone, and Lee from This Shattered World come to mind.
- Males: Humorous, kind, fun, strong, brave, snarky, not afraid to show emotion, carries himself with confidence, and has a soft spot but also are kind of brooding (yes, I went there). Characters like Kaden from Kiss of Deception, Aeduan from Truthwitch, and Warner from Shatter Me come to mind.
13. “I just have a lot of feelings.” | What do you do when a book gives you a bad case of “the feels?”
Sit there and let it sink in and contemplate LIFE, because let’s be real, what else is there to do? Also I might go onto tumblr and search for ALL THINGS relating to that book and the characters. The last one I did this for was ACOMAF because OMG IT WAS LIKE A FEELS TRAIN JUST HIT ME AND TOOK ME FOR A RIDE.
14. “Nice wig, Janice, what’s it made of?” “Your mom’s chest hair!” | Which characters one liners would you love to claim for your own?
Oh oh! I know the one I’d pick from The Rose and the Dagger, said by Shazi: “If I had a fireball, I’d send it straight between your legs. But I worry there would be little to burn.”
BURRRNNNNN. I love it.
15. “Boo, you whore.” | Name a time a character’s decision has made you roll your eyes.
I know that there are characters that made stupid decisions all the time and I’d roll my eyes or shake my head and call them an idiot, but I can’t think of any specific one.
And that’s it for the tag! Oh man, I love Mean Girls, it’s seriously one of the best movies from my generation and oh so quotable.
Let’s Chat! ≧◡≦
Which character did you cheer on while reading? Who is a character you love to hate? And which one liner would you want to claim for your own?