Well guys, Love-a-thon has come to a wrap, which means I am a sad panda. But I had a lot of fun this weekend connecting with SO many book bloggers from various platforms. It’s truly amazing to me to see such wonderful, creative, beautiful people with a love for books as strong as mine.
So I wanted to talk about the things I did, what I’ve learned, a few stats, and I wanted to give some awesome shoutouts to a lot of book people whom I’m following and who I connected with this weekend!
This was one of my favorite parts of the whole event. I had so much fun not only doing the challenges, but also checking out a lot of peoples’ challenges as well!
- Love-a-thon Mini-Challenge #1: Mix & Match – This is the challenge where we had to mix our love of books with one of our non-bookish passions. I chose fanart!
- Love-a-thon Mini-Challenge #2: Bingo! – This was a challenge for us to see how many tasks we could complete by the end of the event. I completed all nine by the end of the first day!
- Love-a-thon Bookshelf Challenge – This was a fun YouTuber challenge where you had to pick different colored spined books for the rainbow and find certain things to make up your own book.
- Love-a-thon Mini-Challenge #3: Book Spine Poetry – We got to make as many or as little poems as we wanted using the spines of books to make them!
- Love-a-thon Mini-Challenge #4: Tea Party – If this could be your dream tea party, these are the people I’d invite – fictional character, blogger, and author!
What I’ve Learned
I think one of the biggest takeaways from this event was how much I learned from participating.
- There are SO MANY book bloggers/grammers/tubers out there! It’s amazing to see just how many people there are that come to events like this and join in the fun.
- The book community is a very open, welcoming, warm, loving place, and I couldn’t have asked for a better event to be a part of to see just how true this statement is.
- I’ve learned that there’s such a variety of styles and tastes as far as reading goes. Not everyone likes the same books or characters, and that’s fine! We can all still fangirl and respect one another’s interests!
- This is an event I will definitely be participating in again! So much love is spread around and so many great things happened as a result.
Alright, this one is mostly for my excitement because HOLY CARP – I’ve never had so many views in one day! First of all, I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who visited my blog over the last two days. You guys are wonderful and amazing.
Second, here are my stats:
- Feb 20th: I had 148 views – crazy!
- 34 likes – Yay!
- 34 comments – Woo!
- Feb 21st: I had 149 views – oh my gosh! The most I’ve ever had!
- 23 likes – Yay!
- 50 comments – Holy moly!
Thank you all so much for contributing to these stats! You guys rock!
Alright, time for the best part of this post: the shoutouts! There’s going to be a decent amount here, so prepare yourselves! Be sure to check out these awesome people because they deserve it:
And now for all of these lovely people:
Angela’s Library Hiding Books For Book’s Sake
My Bookish Itinerary Bookmark Lit The Bookkeeper’s Apprentice
Writer for Misfits MaggersAnn Beauty & Books
Book Stacks Amber Rainy Ink Key Read That
T&G Book Boutique Vivacious Hobo A Thousand Words A Million Books
It’s A Book Life DarcyHSU Trisha Jenn Reads
It’s a Book Thing 13 The Canon Bookevin
SDAVReads Books N’ Calm Eye Heart Romance & YA
Endless Pages The Hardcover Lover Hugs and Kisses of Poetry
Lovin’ los Libros Word Revel Sunday Morning Coffee
Reads and Thoughts Perfection in Books Books for Thought
Perusing Pages Fleurs et Nerds Reading is My Treasure
Writing Haven Pop Crunch Boom Bookworm Everlasting
Wow, that’s a lot of people, haha! But seriously, guys, definitely check them out because all of them are wonderful human beings with a love for books.
The event was so fun and awesome and I highly recommend it to any book lover out there who will want to join in next February! It’s been my best blogging experience so far as a book blogger for many, many reasons.
Thank you to everyone from the event who came to visit my blog, comment, and that I made a connection with. You guys are truly amazing.
And thank you to everyone in general for reading my content, liking it, visiting me, and talking with me about books.
Hope to see you all next year in this event, but until then, keep reading and I’ll see you around the blogosphere!