Happy New Year! I can’t believe we’re already into 2016! Seriously. 2015 flew by.
So now’s the time where I make those promises that I don’t intend to keep. You know: resolutions. Okay, well I’m going to try my best to stick to these resolutions, but no guarantees.
But first, let’s review my last year’s resolutions and see what I actually accomplished:
- I did NOT read at least three classics.
- I did read three to five books per month when I was on a roll, so I’m counting this one.
- I did accomplish my goal of reading at least 30 books, because I read 50 books total!
- I did NOT participate in #ProjectFiveBooks or 0 by 16.
- I did NOT revise my 2014 NaNoWriMo novel.
- I did do occasional corresponding blog posts and videos, as well as did more discussions, tags, wrap-ups, and hauls.
- I did NOT get a domain name.
- I did NOT seek out any ARCs.
Alright, well, that was a lot of NOPE instead of a lot of YES. But I’m actually not sad about that at all! I did so much on my blog, plus I’ve read so many books, that I’m really happy with what I accomplished in 2015.
And now that we’re in 2016 I’m totally looking forward to some new things in my reading and blogging life. So here is what 2016 will hopefully look like for me:
- Read at least 30 books – If I reach this goal, great! If not, that’s okay, too.
- Read more adult books/books in other genres – I want to expand my horizons a bit more and try to read more out of my comfort zone.
- Listen to more audiobooks – I really do enjoy audiobooks! I just need to find the right ones and time to listen to them.
- ARCs – Maybe this will be the year I start asking about ARCs! We’ll see.
- Make videos once a week – I’m trying to aim for every Monday, but it’ll happen at least once a week if I can manage it.
- Comment on other blogs more – I seriously lacked in this area in 2015, but I’m going to do my best to comment more on others’ blogs this year!
- Include more topics on writing – You guys seem to really like these posts, so I’m going to try to talk more about writing in the new year.
- Have fun with it – I tried to keep schedules and whatnot, but it just doesn’t seem to work for me. I’m just going to have fun with my blog and youtube channel, so I’m going to post what I want, when I want. But, that being said, I am going to do my best to post at least twice weekly.
And that’s it for my resolutions for 2016! They’re a lot simpler, broader, but still attainable. I think that 2016 is going to be another great reading year, and I can’t wait to take you all along with me!
Accompanying video: 2016 Bookish Resolutions