Guys. This year is coming to a close. I seriously can’t believe it. But this year has been a great one for me reading wise, and otherwise, and I can’t wait to see what the new year brings.
So without further ado, December was a spectacular reading month for me! What a way to close out the year after months of being in a reading slump. I’m really happy with how this year ended, and so here are the books, discussion topics, and other things I talked about in December.
What I Read
- Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor – This is the second book in the Daughter of Smoke & Bone trilogy and it was so amazing. It really took the story to another level and it made me dying to know what happens next. Laini Taylor’s writing is beautiful and I can’t wait to see the conclusion brings. Check out my review!
- Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews – This is the third book in the Kate Daniels series and the books just keep getting better with each installment. This one had a lot of tense moments and a lot more badassery. Check out my review!
- Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner – The third and final installment in the Starbound trilogy, this book was amazing. It had me wanting to keep flipping the pages right from the get go and though I am sad that it’s over, I am happy to have finished this trilogy. Check out my review!
- The Selection Novellas by Kiera Cass – These four novellas followed different perspectives from the Selection trilogy, and I enjoyed each of them to varying degrees. I do think that they added their own charm and it was nice to see from other perspectives. Check out my review!
- Destroy Me & Fracture Me by Tahereh Mafi – These two novellas follow the story from the perspectives of Warner and Adam, respectively, and I highly enjoyed them. I thought they really added a bit more to who the characters are and I really enjoyed that. Check out my review!
- The Future Collection Short Stories by Beth Revis – This group of five short stories were all from different perspectives and told all different stories, each playing with my heart and emotions in ways I wasn’t expecting. I highly enjoyed them and highly recommend them. Check out my review!
- The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson – This first book in the Mistborn trilogy was epic and intense, with a unique magic system and empowering characters, this book is one I highly recommend to anyone. Check out my review!
- Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews – This is the fourth book in the Kate Daniels series and like I said before, the books get better with each installment. I was really engrossed in the plot of this one and I really enjoyed the romance. Check out my review!
- Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning – This is the first book in the MacKayla Lane series and it was okay, not awesome, but it held a lot of potential and so I’m going to continue with the series. Check out my review!
- Remembering Why You Blog – I thought that this one was an important topic to address and it couldn’t have come at a better time in my life. The original inspiration is from Jeann of Happy Indulgence Books.
- Gift Guide for Book Lovers – I give ten examples of what you could give the book lover in your life for the holidays.
- Finding Your Voice As A Writer – This one can be difficult for some people, but it’s all about patience, practice, and just writing.
- End of Year Survey for 2015 – This end of year survey is hosted by Jamie of Perpetual Page Turner and this one is all the stats about what I read this year.
- Totally Should’ve Book Tag – A fun tag about books and what “should’ve” happened.
- Top Ten Tuesday: New-to-You Authors – Some authors I read this year were new to me and I really enjoyed their works.
- Top Ten Tuesday: Best Books I Read in 2015 – I talk about ten of the best books I read this year. Loved them!
- Top 5 Wednesday: Books to Read by the Fire – Some books I thought would be nice to read on those cold winter nights.
- Fall Time Book Haul – I have about four months of hauling to catch up on, so here you can find the books I’ve gotten since September.
And that’s it! I did a lot this month and I’m really happy and proud of myself for doing so. I think that this was a very fruitful month and I hope you all had a great month to end the year on, too.
Have a safe and happy new year everyone!
What books did you read this month that were some of your favorites? What discussions did you talk about on your blog? Let me know!