Another month come and gone. I seriously can’t believe September is already over with! It’s flown by!
In the month of September I read a total of three books, which is a little better than last month, but not by much. And the books are:
- “Queen of Shadows” by Sarah J. Maas – I loved this book so much! It was definitely the best book of the series thus far, in my opinion. And of course it had some problems, but I still loved it so much. I cried, I laughed, I was angry, I was full of joy… it made me have all the feels. 5/5 stars.
- “Everything, Everything” by Nicola Yoon – This was a cute YA contemporary with a twist at the end. I thought that it was highly enjoyable, fast paced, and a great read. 4/5 stars.
- “Magic Burns” by Ilona Andrews – This is the second book in the Kate Daniels series and I enjoyed it more than the first. It was much easier to understand what was happening, plus there was more action, more hints of romance, more of the culture of the world, and just more awesomeness. 4/5 stars.
Now as for discussions, I did have a few:
- The Pressures of Reading – I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels like there’s a lot of pressure on them to read a lot of books because they blog about it. It’s tough! I know it shouldn’t get to me, but it does, and I talk about that here.
- Readers Wanting to Be Authors – You know you know someone out there who loves to read who wants to be an author themselves one day – heck, it might even be you! But you also know the people who love to read that don’t want to be, and that’s cool, too.
- Introducing Writing to Reading Blog – I wanted to talk more about writing on this blog because it’s the one I use most often and I don’t want to keep similar passions (writing and reading) on two separate blogs; it’s too much of a hassle and this is just so much easier.
- An Overwhelming TBR – I have so many books on my TBR that I don’t know if I’ll ever get to them. I hope to one day, but I don’t know when that’ll be. Anyone else have this problem?
- Booktube Bible-a-thon – I’m going to be participating in this read-a-thon that’ll go through the entire Bible in a year. It’s going to be a long journey, but I’m sure it’s going to be extremely rewarding and fun.
I also participated in several Top Ten Tuesdays this month! It was a very fruitful time:
- Characters You Just Didn’t Click With – Ugh. You know those characters you want to like, but just can’t? Or even if you don’t want to like them, you usually understand them, but these ones… I just couldn’t.
- Ten Series I Have YET to Finish – I’m working on these series slowly but surely! I promise! It’ll just be a while before I finish them all.
- Bookish Things on My Wishlist – Every bookworm wants some bookish swag and charm around them, and though I have acquired a couple of these, there’s still some I’m dying to have!
- Ten Books to Read If You Like These Popular Books/Authors – Pretty self explanatory, but I gave some recommendations for books based mostly on genre or theme.
I also did one fun tag this month, which was the Extraordinary Means Tag! It was fun, thought provoking, and it drove me a little crazy.
So, all in all, this month wasn’t too bad. For some reason I thought I stopped posting on here back in the second week of the month, but I guess not! Haha!
How did your month of reading go? Did you surpass your own goals or were you stuck in a rut? What was your favorite topic that you discussed on your blog this month? Let me know!