So yesterday (Tuesday) was day two for Bout of Books, and I didn’t really read that much because, well, it was my birthday and I was busy all day. Heck, I’m going to be busy all day today, too, but I’m going to try to find time to read a bit.
My progress yesterday consisted of this:
- The Final Empire: 0 pages
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: 0 pages
- A Thousand Pieces of You: 0 pages
- A Game of Thrones: 10 pages
- Forbidden: 18 pages (this wasn’t on my TBR for this readathon, but I wanted to start reading it to see what it’s about)
So I read a total of 28 pages, which was two chapters between two books. Not too bad. At least I’m keeping with my goal to read at least one chapter from each book I read. So yay for that!
I’m finding that reading multiple books at the same time is 1) nice in a way because I can read more and get books done (sort of) faster, but I also find that 2) I don’t really remember a lot from what I read previously. I mean, I can remember more as I read more into the next chapter or skim the last few sentences of the previous chapter, but I’m using this as a test run to see if I want to just be a “one book at a time” reader or a “multi-book at a time” reader.
Also I participated in the challenge that took place yesterday, which was like a form of a book scavenger hunt. What we had to do was:
- Find a book that begins with “B” (for mine I chose “Blood Promise” by Richelle Mead)
- A book you’re planning to read/currently reading for Bout of Books (for this it’s, well, A Game of Thrones, HP & the Goblet of Fire, and The Final Empire)
- Blue Book(s) (heheheh…heh.. yeah, that’s not even all of my blue books)
- Books from your favorite genre (my fave is fantasy, and there’s a few in there)
- A book on your TBR shelf, or your full TBR shelf (I put “Days of Blood and Starlight” by Laini Taylor at the top, but almost all of the blue books are on my TBR)
I was crying on the inside because I was afraid my stack of babies was going to fall over.
So, yeah! That’s my Bout of Books day 2 update. I’m enjoying this round of the readathon, for sure, and I’m excited to keep going and to keep on participating in the challenges and whatnot.
How’s your reading coming along? Have you participated in any of the challenges? Do you read multiple books at once, or are you a one book at a time reader? Let me know!