Well, Bout of Books wrapped up last night and I had a really good reading night. Heck, I had a decent reading week!
Last night I read:
- Magic Bites: 131 pages
Yup, I was on a roll. I would’ve finished the book last night, but alas, I had to sleep. So I finished the book today (expect a review tomorrow!).
I also participated in the challenge that took place, which was to recommend three books for everyone. Here’s what I recommended and why:
- Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor. This book is the first in the trilogy, and the only one I’ve read so far, but there is just something about the writing style and the way Taylor writes the characters that draws you into the book. It’s engaging, beautiful, full of romance, and I just think everyone should read this.
- Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. This book will make you laugh out loud, squee in glee, and just overall have all of the emotional feels possible. It’s a great story about accepting who you are, about friendship and the importance of it, and how love can come from the least expected place.
- The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson. I haven’t finished this book yet, but I am currently reading it, and I already highly recommend this book. It’s an adult fantasy novel that’s the first book in the Mistborn trilogy and it’s just phenomenal so far. It has action, a slow building plot, characters that you can relate to, and a magic system unique to the world. I think that this is definitely a book people should pick up and check out, for sure.
Alright, now let show you my overall progress for this readathon!
My original goals were:
- “to read at least one chapter from at least two of the books listed below per day.”
Well, it started out that way. As the week progressed, though, I only read one chapter from one book per day, but I still tried to read at least one chapter! So that totally counts!
Here’s my overall reading progress for Bout of Books:
- The Final Empire: 28 pages
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: 39 pages
- A Thousand Pieces of You: 11 pages
- A Game of Thrones: 10 pages
- Forbidden: 18 pages
- Magic Bites: 204 pages
For a grand total of: 310 pages read! Woo!
Hey, that’s not bad considering it was spread between six books. Yeah, I read more in some than in others, but I still enjoyed what I read. And hey, it was a blast. This round of Bout of Books was much better than the last.
So I didn’t quite reach my goals, but I was close enough! I’m proud of the amount I’ve read, but now I’m ready to just sit down and finish one book at a time again.
How has your reading week been? Have you finished any books? Met your own personal reading goals? Let me know! Also let me know if you plan on participating in the next Bout of Books taking place in January 2016!
Don’t forget about the giveaway I’m hosting for one book up to $15USD from Book Depository! It ends on August 31st!