So many great books seem to be coming out this year and I can’t wait to read them all, though it may take me a while to get to them. Here is a list in no particular order of my most anticipated reads of 2015:
- “The Red Queen” by Victoria Aveyard. This sounds like an intriguing read with politics and power. In a world set where those with Silver blood rule over those with Red blood, a girl, Mare Barrow, discovers that she has a strong power of her own though she is a Red. It sounds fun and engaging and interesting, so I can’t wait to read it! It comes out February 10, 2015.
- “Magonia” by Maria Dahvana Headley. This sounds like a great fantasy debut novel that I’ll definitely want to get my hands on this year! It’s about a girl, Aza, who lives in our world and has an extremely hard time breathing and just living. Doctors give her medications, and hope for the best, but they don’t seem to be working. One day, Aza sees a floating ship in the sky and leaves this world for that one – Magonia. War seems to be catching up to both Magonia and Earth, though, and even though Aza is no longer the same person she was on Earth, can she save it and the boy she loves? DUN DUN DUN! I’d like to know. This book comes out April 28, 2015.
- “A Court of Thorns and Roses” by Sarah J Maas. This is a new fantasy series that Maas is coming out with about a girl, Feyre, who kills a wolf in the woods and someone comes seeking retribution. Though she knows she’s supposed to hate him and Faerie, she can’t help the passion that grows inside of her. A dark shadow is threatening the faerie lands and Feyre wants to stop it before it can hurt Tamlin, too. I love Maas’ writing and I can’t wait to see what her new series will be like! This comes out May 5, 2015.
- The fourth book in the “Throne of Glass” series by Sarah J Maas. Though there’s no title or anything yet, I can’t wait to get my hands on this delicious novel. It should be coming out near September of this year… at least I hope so.
- “Winter” by Marissa Meyer. This is the last book in the Lunar Chronicles series, and though I am currently reading the first one, I still can’t wait for it to come out and just wrap up the series! Hopefully I’ll have read the other books by the time this one’s come out, too. This comes out November 10, 2015.
- “An Ember in the Ashes” by Sabaa Tahir. This is a YA fantasy standalone novel about Laia, a scholar living under the rule of the Martial Empire. When her brother is arrested for treason she goes undercover to prove his innocence. Elias is a soldier at the academy, but he’s thinking of quitting for good until he has to help find a new emperor for the empire. When their paths cross things change rapidly and could change the future of the empire itself. I like the idea of an academy setting. I haven’t read many like it, so I’m excited to see how Tahir plays it out in her debut novel. This comes out April 28, 2015.
Those are six books that I am highly anticipating in 2015. I’m sure there will be more as I learn about them as the year goes on, but for now I think that’s not too bad, right? I can’t wait to read them and tell you what I thought.
What are some of your most anticipated reads of 2015? Let me know in the comments!