I may have only read 20 books this past year, but I still read some great books that have stuck with me and have made me think. I’m going to list my top five books from this year, and they are:
- The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Mass. The first three books are out in this six part series, and I read all of them this past year and loved each and every one. This is definitely a favorite series filled with action, fantasy, politics, romance, and a kick-butt assassin heroine. My favorite of the series thus far is Heir of Fire, but they all are awesome. (Yes, I’m counting this as one book.) I rated each 5/5 stars.
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. This is the first book she wrote and it was the first book I read this year. Though some parts seemed to drag, I did really enjoy it and glad I read it as an introduction into Austen’s writing. It’s a book about two sisters who deal with the loss of their father, their romantic lives – and lack thereof – parties, politics, and other such things that happened in that culture during that time. I rated this 4/5 stars.
- Stardust by Neil Gaiman. This was my first Gaiman book and it was a beautiful piece of work. It had adventure, faeries, magic, and a great storyline. I really enjoyed this book and can’t wait to read more by Gaiman. I rated this 5/5 stars.
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. This book was very cute and funny and I highly enjoyed it. It allowed me to reminisce on my college days (which weren’t that long ago) and just enjoy a cute story of love, family, friendship, and going out into the world. I rated this 5/5 stars.
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. This book was hyped way up this past year, but it was a really great read and I really enjoyed the story and the characters in them. I rated this 5/5 stars.
What were some of your top books from 2014? Let me know in the comments below! And here’s to a New Year! Happy New Year’s everyone!