Happy New Year everyone! Welcome to 2015. As it is the very beginning of the month, I thought it only fitting to let you know what I plan on reading in the upcoming weeks of January, so… here they are:
- “This Shattered World” by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner. I started reading this in the last few days of December, but have yet to finish, so I’m hoping to finish it by the middle of next week. It’s a sci-fi sequel to “These Broken Stars” and follows two new main characters from the world that Kaufman and Spooner created.
- “Shatter Me” by Tahereh Mafi. I started this one in December, too, but didn’t finish as I was trying to adapt to the writing style. It’s about a girl with some form of destructive abilities and is placed into an asylum – or some form of one – when she is then thrust into a situation with a boy who is placed in her room and they have to escape. Sounds cool, the writing style is very different and interesting. Not sure what I think so far, but I hope to finish it this month.
- “City of Ashes” by Cassandra Clare. This is the second book in the Mortal Instruments series and it follows a girl named Clary in the streets of New York, but it has many other strange characters such as Shadowhunters, demons, vampires, warlocks, you name it. I started this back in November, I think, but as I’ve read it before (I’m doing a reread of the first two in the series before I continue) I put it down, so now I’m hoping to pick it back up this month.
- “Falling Kingdoms” by Morgan Rhodes. It’s a fantasy adventure and romance in this read and I’ve been wanting to read it since I got it, so I figured I’d start it in the new year. It follows several main characters and tells their stories in the world. It sounds fun and exciting, so I can’t wait to read it.
- “Cinder” by Marissa Meyer. This is the first book in the lunar chronicles series. I’ve been wanting to read this since it first came out, but never picked it up until last year. Fairy tale retelling with cyborgs and androids and cool sci-fi things? Yes please!
- “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire” by J.K. Rowling. This is the fourth book in the Harry Potter series. I’m being optimistic in starting it this month, but I probably won’t get to it until February. Either way, I’m excited to continue my first journey through the Harry Potter book universe, so I can’t wait to read it.
So those are all the books I plan on reading (or at least starting) this month in January. I hope to get through as many as possible, but we’ll have to see how far I get.
Accompaning video: January 2015 TBR
What are your reading plans for this month? Let me know in the comments below!