Oh hey, I forgot to update last month, but since it’s still the very beginning of this month, let’s talk about the anime I’ve watched since my last Anime Rewind.
Shows I Continued from Last Time
- Boruto: Naruto Next Generations – Episodes 13-18, ongoing – The plot of the first arc has wrapped up and I think that it went pretty well! I mean, I wasn’t expecting the outcome, which is nice, but now the last few episodes since the first arc ended feel strongly of filler. Which is fine, I mean, they have to do that sometimes, but I also feel like we lost some of what the main story is about. It feels kind of all over the place right now, but I think we’re finally getting back to another arc soon, so I’m looking forward to it.
- Tsukigakirei – completed – I’M NOT CRYING, YOU’RE CRYING. Oh my God, this was SUCH a good romance anime! There wasn’t any super drama with other people butting into the relationship or whatever, and though there was little drama it felt realistic and all of it was just so sweet at the end. I think I really did cry. Or maybe I was too happy to cry? I don’t know, but either way, HIGHLY recommend this anime if you’re looking for a sweet, pure romance. 5/5 stars.
- My Hero Academia – episodes 9-13, season 1 complete, season 2 to be watched soon – This plot line, though! I love this anime so much I even made my own BNHA (Boku no Hiro Academia) original characters (like a lot of people were doing on Instagram). The first main arc has ended with a bang and I’m really excited to see what happened next with all of the characters from the show. I want to know what happens to All Might and if Midoriya will finally be able to control his power, and I know there’s going to be a lot of battling in the next season between characters so I’m really excited to see the development of them all. I felt like Deku (Midoriya) really grew as a character by the end of the first season. Like… I could feel and see a change in him and several of the other characters. Ahhhhh, go watch iiiiit. Season 1 rating: 5/5 stars.
- Kanka Bancho Otome -girl beats boys- – completed – This was an interesting series with super short episodes that could have been really cool to see expanded, but alas, it was a way of promoting the game I guess. Anyway, I thought that it ended kind of bittersweetly because I was expecting one thing and it ended differently. Maybe I’m just being picky, I don’t know. But I really wish certain plot lines were expanded upon and that we could really see the development that happens between all of the characters. Alas, it is over. 4/5 stars.
- Kiznaiver – completed, episodes 6-12 – I just finished this anime and I almost cried. Almost. And it was INCREDIBLE. I seriously loved it and the concept behind it was so incredibly fascinating to me. The development between all of the characters was great to see and it was cool to see just how much of a connection can really make or break people and relationships. I think that this anime was just very unique in its execution with the subject of the concept of friendship, love, and how being connected doesn’t necessarily have to be through alternative means from just connecting naturally. It was so good and I highly recommend it if you want a more thought provoking anime with characters you’ll connect to in some way, an enticing plot, and super cool animation. 5/5 stars.
- Tonari no Seki-Kun – completed – I mean, I could’ve just given my final thoughts last month, but I has one episode left apparently… Anyway, SUPER CUTE. Loved it. Very funny and I suggest watching this if you need a break from the seriousness of life because it’s just so charming and funny. 5/5 stars.
Now let’s move on to some of the stuff I didn’t talk about last time that’s new this time.
Tsuredure Children – episodes 1-5, ongoing – So. CUTE. And SO funny. This is an anime about several different couples and how they have crushes on one another and how they start (or don’t start) dating and it’s adorable and funny and my friend got me hooked so I blame her for this and just… Go watch it. You won’t be disappointed, I swear.
Kiki’s Delivery Service – Okay, I’ve seen this movie a million times and I already own it and all of that, BUT. My friend (who I mentioned above that got me hooked on Tsuredure Children) decided to surprise me with a girls’ night out to go see the JAPANESE DUB of Kiki in THEATERS. I was SO excited to see it on the big screen because it’s one of my all time favorite Studio Ghibli movies and it was so cool to see the Japanese version and how the subtitles and speaking differentiate from the English version (because I’m clearly obsessed and know how some of the lines go). I love this movie in itself because it’s about a young girl witch who leaves her family (as is tradition for young witches her age) to study for a year alone in a town of her choosing. And though there are many ups and downs for Kiki along the way, the ultimate experience she has is a positive one. Ahhh, it’s so cute and good and I love it and you should all watch it if you haven’t. 5/5 stars.
I clearly haven’t watched a lot of new anime this month, but I’ve watched some good ones that I’ve talked about before and I can’t wait to see what I watch this month.
Let’s Chat ^w^
What have you watched recently? What’s your favorite Studio Ghibli movie? Let me know!