Welcome to another Top Ten Tuesday as hosted by the lovely people of The Broke and the Bookish! Today’s topic is all about characters that we’d name our children/dog/cat/car/etc with. I love this kind of topic, which is similar to one I did a few weeks ago and I talked about characters that I’d name my children after, but now I’m going to talk about my next important love: dogs.
I am such a dog person. I miss having a dog so, SO much. I love their noses and eyes and wiggly butts when they wag their tails and they’re the cutest things in the world. And these are some of the names that I’d probably name my dog after if I got one (if it didn’t already have a name that stuck to it). I’m going to separate between male and female, so here we go!
- Magnus – Take this name from whatever series you want, but I LOVE this name and if I can’t name my child it, then I’ll name my dog with it. It’s strong, it’s magical, and it’s perfect. And I’d name a golden retriever with this name just to throw people off.
- Flynn – I know I used this for my child names, too, but I just love the name Flynn. It’s cute and fun and I think it would fit a dog like some sort of terrier. Like, a high energy dog that’s really cute.
- Gansey – I would need a prim and proper dog because that’s honestly all I can think about when I hear this name. I mean, I love Gansey and he’s not completely prim and proper, but he’s very polite, so I’d hope to have a friendly dog with this name. I can picture like a King Charles Spaniel or something like that.
- Gideon, or G for short – I actually think the name Gideon is really cute. I don’t know what it is, but there’s something about it that makes me happy. And it’s the name of two of my favorite book characters, so there’s that, too. I can picture a mutt with this name, really. So cute.
- Fitz – Another cute, spunky name for a terrier, in my opinion. Honestly, if the dog has high energy, I can just imagine it having this name. And the name just makes me smile when I say it, so there’s that, too.
- Feyre – Yup. I would do this. I do think that the name Feyre is really lovely and all of that, and it’s short enough that a dog would know that I’m calling her. I can picture this for like a German shepherd or a husky.
- Vhalla – Hey, high fantasy names! You’re my favorite! I think the name Vhalla is just really pretty and I think it would more suit a setter kind of dog.
- Shazi – From The Wrath & the Dawn, I think having a dog like a Shiba Inu or a long haired breed like a Yorkie or Papillion would be so cute. And hopefully the dog would have a fiery spirit to match the name.
- Laia – I think this name is so pretty and even though I keep thinking Star Wars, I know that’s not the pronunciation of the name. Still, I think it’s fitting of a dog that’s like a Dalmatian or a Corgi. It’s befitting any kind, really.
- Celaena – I know what you’re thinking, “Rayna, what are you doing?” BUT LET’S BE REAL, I’M TOG TRASH, OKAY!? And if I can’t name my human child Celaena/Aelin, then I’ll name my dog that. And she would be lovely and feisty and I’d love her to bits.
And there you have it! Ten names I’d name my dog IF I HAD ONE. One day I’ll have a dog again and if there’s not a name that sticks then I’m picking one of these, I swear it.
Let’s Chat! ≧◡≦
What character would you name a pet after? It doesn’t necessarily have to be a dog, but maybe a cat or bird or fish or lizard. Tell me the cool literary names you’d name one if it were a male or a female.