Hey peeps! Welcome to another round of Beautiful People! It’s hosted by Cait @ Paper Fury and Sky @ Further Up & Further In. If you want to know more about Beautiful People, you can check out the FAQs page here.
This month’s questions are all kind of random and dive in more into characters and some of their inner things that make them who they are.
Today I’m going to be talking about my character Abby, that I introduced when I first started joining in Beautiful People.
Abigail (Abby for short) is a maid in the palace of Travine, and she performs her role well in the eyes of those who need to see it. But when she’s not under scrutiny, she can be kind, stubborn, curious, sensitive, fun, and protective. She has a secret that not even she knows about, and one that she’ll have revealed to her eventually.
- How often do they smile? Would they smile at a stranger? Abby would smile at a stranger because, well, it’s partly her job to be pleasant to guests at the palace, but that’s also just her nature. She’s kind hearted and wants those around her to feel loved.
- What is the cruelest thing they’ve ever been told? And what was their reaction? I think being accused of killing a prince and princess is kind of high up there. She reacted as one would expect to react: shock and frustration because of her innocence.
- What is the kindest thing they’ve ever been told? And what was their reaction? Probably that she has a kind heart by her mother and her best friend, Morgan. She felt warm inside, like something budded in her heart.
- What is one strong memory that has stuck with your character from childhood? Why is it so powerful and lasting? The night her mother died, the sky had cried. The blue sky turned to gray clouds and the heavens opened up, drenching everything in sight. The rain lasted for three days, flooding the landscape and the houses of Travine. Abby’s heart ached like it never had before, and she cried along with the sky for those three days. Her mother had been her nurturer, her protector, her best friend, and her whole world. When she died that night, her strength gone and her eyes still smiling at her, Abby had felt a piece of her heart – her soul – breaking. It was a night she would never forget.
- What book (a real actual published book!) do you think your character would benefit from reading? I can see her reading and loving The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson. She’d see a lot of herself in Lia and how she wished she could be free of the palace and all it held.
- Have they ever been seriously injured? How severely? How did they react? No, I don’t think so.
- Do they like and get along with their neighbours? Oh yeah, she can get along with most anyone. She has one of those kinds of personalities where she makes friends easily.
- On a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being easy and 10 being difficult) how easy are they to get along with? I would say a 3. She’s pretty easy to get along with, but once she sets her mind to something and you try to overrule her, she’s not going to go down without a fight. Or get revenge if she can’t fight.
- If they could travel anywhere in the world, where would they go? In our world, I think she’d want to see Paris. Of course she’d have Maddock go with her because, hello, city of love and all that.
- Who was the last person they held hands with? Maddock. ♥
And that is it for this month’s Beautiful People! I actually really enjoyed these questions because they really got me thinking about Abby and her background. I knew some of it, but some of these were a surprise.
Let’s Chat! ≧◡≦
Is there a major event that happened to your character when they were younger that has stuck with them all of this time? How does it affect them now? And also, because I’m a sap, who was the last person they held hands with and what their significance to your character?