TBR Takedown 3.5 is over and I had a lot of fun during the weekend! I found that even though I didn’t have a lot of time on my hands, I did enjoy what I did read and I had fun doing it.
TBR Takedown took place from April 8-10 and had four challenges:
- Standalone – a book that’s not part of a series
- Most recent haul – your most recent purchase from your most recent haul
- Catch up in a series – an opportunity to catch up on that series you’ve been putting off
- TBR shelf over a year (or the longest) – you know the ones
Here are the results:
- I read and reviewed This is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp. That’s 282 pages of a book read and completed.
- I read 87 pages in Splintered by A.G. Howard.
- In total that is 369 pages read for this mini readathon.
Overall I’d say that’s an accomplishment considering I usually struggle to finish books during readathons.
Here are some shortened thoughts on the books I read and the challenges I completed for this readathon:
Standalone & Most Recent Haul
I found that This is Where It Ends was a very fast-paced, intense read with four characters that each played a major part in the plot of the story. Though there were some problems within the book, I thought that the overall story was well done and that it did what it set out to do: create a heart pumping, fast paced narrative of school shootings in the U.S.
Catch Up in a Series & Been On the Shelf 5ever
Though I didn’t get too far into the book, I have enjoyed what I’ve read so far of Splintered. I’ve recently gotten into an Alice in Wonderland retelling kick, so this is feeding that need just right. I’m finding the main character is growing on me and I’m really interested to see how things unfold in the rest of the book. Plus, the font color throughout the whole book is purple! Extra points!
So yeah! Even though I didn’t finish one book, I finished the other, and I’d say that this was a successful readathon.
Did you participate in TBR Takedown 3.5? What books did you read and how many challenges did you complete? Let me know!