Hey peeps and welcome to another Top Ten Tuesday as hosted by the lovely people of The Broke & the Bookish. Today’s topic is all about the ten books on our spring TBR, and these are just a few I really want to try to get to this spring. And yes, there’s more than ten because let’s be real: unrealistic goals are key.
1 . The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner. I just started reading this, and as a debut novel, I’m excited to see how it turns out. I’ve been hearing a lot of positive things about this book so I’m hoping to like it as well.
2 & 3. Earth’s End and Water’s Wrath by Elise Kova. I’m currently reading Earth’s End, so I know I’ll get to Water’s Wrath when it’s released later in April. I’m really enjoying this fantasy romance series, and I hope that that streak continues.
6. Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews. As the fifth book in the Kate Daniel series I really want to read this because I’ve grown so attached to these characters and I need to know what happens next in the plot. Plus, then I can read…
7. Gunmetal Magic by Ilona Andrews. This is book #5.5 in the Kate Daniels series and it follows one of the side characters, and Kate’s best friend, Andrea. And I’m SO EXCITED about this one because I love her as a character, so to get the opportunity to read a book about her? Yes, please.
8. Moon Called by Patricia Briggs. This is the first book in the Mercy Thompson series, and like the Kate Daniels series it’s an urban fantasy, but it’s main focus is werewolves. There’s other creatures and magic, too, but I’m just wicked intrigued with werewolves, so there you go. Plus, female mechanic. Yes.
9. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. I know, I know, I’m late to the party, but I do want to get to this this spring! I think I might marathon the trilogy depending on how much I like the first book, but yeah. I want to know what’s all the hubbub about the Grisha world!
12. Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater. I need to keep going because I love this series so much. I’m trying to pace myself with these books so when the last book comes out I can just get it and read it right away.
Honestly, the list can go on and on because there are SO many books that I want to read this year, and even just this spring, but I know that 1) I won’t get to them right now, and 2) I need to pace myself.
What are some of the books you want to get to this spring? Are any of my books on your TBR? Let me know!