Hey peeps and welcome to another Top Ten Tuesday as hosted by the lovely people of The Broke & the Bookish. Today’s topic is all about music, and so I wanted to talk about songs that I wish were books. I’ve actually never really thought about this until now, but I think this is pretty cool, so here are my selections!
- Enchanted by Taylor Swift – Honestly, who wouldn’t want this one to be made into a book? A girl who’s just trying to get by in her day sees a guy (or girl) across the way, their eyes meet, and then it’s fate. I mean, it’s been done before and everything, but that still doesn’t make it any less adorable. I needs it.
- Halo by Beyonce – I think that this one could make a really good angel story because, well, it’s about someone who is so good inside and out, and the lyrics even say, “Standing in the light of your halo / I got my angel now,” so why not have it be about angels?
- Where Are U Now by Skrillex & Diplo with Justin Bieber – I think this would be a good book about maybe siblings that had a falling out and maybe one goes missing or something and the other has to find them and try to make amends. I can see it being either a thriller or a contemporary kind of book, really.
- If I Die Young by The Band Perry – This would be a pretty melancholy book, but I would want to know why this girl died and how her family copes with it. I think it could start with her funeral and then backtrack through her life and her accomplishments and shortcomings. That would be interesting, really.
- Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen – You know you want this song turned into a book. It would be a cute YA contemporary about a girl pining over a boy and how she really wants his number and to date him and stuff. Classic.
- Vanilla Twilight by Owl City – This one would be a cute one that I think could take place in the future and that it would be about a couple who are separated over a great distance and they both look up at the sky and just think of one another, reminiscing over the time they had together. Ahhhh, so cute. I can’t even. Well, it’s cute in my mind anyway, haha!
- Shatter Me by Lindsey Stirling ft Lzzy Hale – I think that this one would be a good one about overcoming obstacles in your life, or trying to escape the life you might be leading and change it for the better. This one can be a powerful one. Maybe throw in some steampunk elements if you feel so inclined, but yeah.
- Bright by Echosmith – This would just be a cutesy romance about a guy and girl falling in love. If you want to spin on it, since the lyrics talk about Neptune and the stars, make it a sci-fi and about him sprinkling stardust on her pillowcase, as the lyrics go.
- Sofi Needs a Ladder by Deadmau5 – I think this could be a good rebellion song, like a bunch of teens or something going up against some kind of enemy. Or maybe just one person taking on the world, and by world, I mean their own enemies. This just sounds like a cool soundtrack that could be listened to with a variety of different scenarios. I can just imagine a very sarcastic, witty protagonist with this song.
- Closer by Ne-Yo – This would be New Adult to Adult in age, for sure. This is a more sultry song and so I can totally picture the sexy times for this one.
There you have it! This was actually harder than I thought because I was stuck on what songs to put for the longest time.
What songs would you want to be turned into books? What kind of plots could you see forming with them? Let me know!