Guys, it’s already the end of the month. How is time flying so fast? Staahhhhp.
Alright, so I think that the month of January was pretty fruitful, if I do say so myself. Starting off the year strong, woo!
So here’s how my month is going so far and some updates as well:
Books I Read
- The Dream Thieves by Maggie Steifvater. The second book in The Raven Cycle, this book was so good and really drew me further into the world. I highly enjoyed getting to know the characters better, and the ones that didn’t really rub off on me well before I actually turned out to really like and understand. I’m really excited for the next installment and to see what happens next with this group. I gave this 5/5 stars and highly recommend it. Check out my review!
- Saga volumes 1-5 by Brian K. Vaughan and illustrated by Fiona Staples. This comic/graphic novel series is fantastic. Not only is the art style beautiful and realistic, the story itself is intriguing and engaging. I really love this series so far and I think that it would be a good read for sci-fi and fantasy lovers because it mixes the two genres really well. I gave each 4.5-5/5 stars respectively. Check out my review!
- The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski. This book wasn’t as good as I was hoping. The characters seemed distant and cold, and a lot of plot I found to be boring. The parts I enjoyed were the romance parts because those were the times the characters felt like they were coming alive. I’m going to continue on with the next book, so I’m hoping it’ll be better. I gave this 3/5 stars. Check out my review!
- Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone. This book, guys. This book touched all of my feels and it just made me so happy to read. This book doesn’t glorify mental illness, but instead shows how it can encompass a person’s entire mind and how it can affect them in daily life. I loved how it was handled and just the romance and everything about it. I gave this 5/5 stars and highly recommend it. Check out my review!
- Bookish Resolutions for 2016 – All of my bookish and blog related goals are set out here and I’m excited to think that they’re all actually achievable. I’m hoping that 2016 will be a good one and that I can come back next year and say that I actually completed everything on my list.
- Top Ten Tuesday: Resolutions for 2016 – This was a different set of resolutions that went into further detail regarding my bookish goals, but I also went into a bit of personal ones that I really want to achieve this year. I think that they’re important and that I need to actually stick to them.
- Writing Goals for 2016 – I have three major goals that I want to complete for the year and I really hope that I see to it that they each get done, or that I at least have progress on them.
Challenges and Other Fun Things
- Flights of Fantasy 2016 – A fun year long challenge to read as many fantasy books as your heart desires. My goal is set to 15 books this year and I think that I’ll definitely accomplish it.
- Let’s Talk | Shadowhunters 1×01 – Pilot – I talked about the first episode of Shadowhunters based off of Cassandra Clare‘s series and it was so full of cheese that I didn’t know what to do with myself. You can check out my full review details through the link, but yeah. It was okay, and I’m holding on for the rest of the series.
- Rayna Recommends: Manga Favorites – Yes! I got back into my recommendation posts and I’m starting off the year recommending some of my favorite manga series. Check them out if you get a chance!
- Favorite Books of 2015 – I talk about my top thirteen favorite books that I read last year and why they were my favorites.
- Rereads for 2016 – I haven’t read all of these books in years and so I really want to read them again and see if I still love them as much as I did back then.
- Top 5 Wednesday: Favorite Buzzwords – Some words in or about books can just set you off and you NEED them, right then and there. These are some of my words.
- Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Best Friends – You know those characters who are best friends with the main character and you just can’t help but love them? Yeah, these are some of my favorites.
- Top 5 Wednesday: Disappointing Eye Candy – These are the books that you loved the covers on but weren’t exactly thrilled with the content inside of them. Yeah. These are some of my disappointments.
- The Disney Princess Tag – This tag was made for me. Seriously.
So I wanted to include this little update section in each of my wrap-ups this year as I go about doing the Flights of Fantasy challenge as well as anything regarding writing and anything else I may find important. So here’s how I’m doing so far:
Flights of Fantasy: I’ve read seven books this month that involve some form of fantasy and I’ve enjoyed the majority of them, so yay for that!
Writing: I’ve actually picked up my poetry since reading Every Last Word. It’s not a lot, but I really enjoy it and forgot how much I did enjoy it. Check me out on Hello Poetry to see some of my poems. Otherwise, I haven’t really worked on anything else just yet, but I plan to soon.
Bible reading plan: So I kind of failed at the Booktube Bible-a-thon, but I’ve picked back up reading the Bible every day following a chronological plan on an app I have. I haven’t missed a day yet, so hopefully I keep up with it!
And that’s it for this month! What a great way to start off the year. I’m excited to see what February brings me.