Welcome to another Top Ten Tuesday as hosted by the lovely peeps over on The Broke & The Bookish. Today’s topic is all about our top ten best books that we read this year.
For my list I’m basing the books I picked based off of my overall enjoyment of them, so that doesn’t necessarily mean they were 5 stars, but most of these probably were. So here is my list, in no particular order, of the best books I read this year:
- Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas – This book was everything and more that I wanted from this series. Romance, action, blood, witches. It was amazing and definitely the best book in the series so far.
- This Shattered World and Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner – These two books blew me away and hit me right in the feels. I loved the world building, the relationships, the action, the mystery.
- Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi – The character arc in this series is incredible and definitely my favorite part about this series. And Warner. You know.
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Steifvater – The uniqueness of the plot, mixed with amazing individual characters, plus the magical elements, made for an amazing read.
- Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli – It made me laugh out loud – literally – and it made me want to cry happy tears. This book hit me SO HARD in the feels and I loved it.
- Daughter of Smoke & Bone and Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor – These two books are amazing in story, characters, setting, and more. Not only is this a unique spin on a fantasy tale to include chimera and angels together, but then throw in everything else going down? Holy carp, hell yes these two were two of the best books I read the whole year.
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson – I love it so muuuuucchhhh. Romance, action, politics, deceit, loyalty, betrayal, and so much more. Amazing!
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir – Beautiful setting, intriguing characters, amazing plot line, and so much more, this book was everything I wanted and more.
- The Amazing Book is Not on Fire by Dan Howell & Phil Lester – The audiobook version was soooo hilarious, and I just love that these two really put in as much effort as they did for what they do. Kudos to them.
- City of Glass by Cassandra Clare – I just. I mean. I can’t. It was the perfect wrap up to the first three books and it had so much action, so many times that made my heart stop, so many times where I swooned and gushed and made all that weird noises. Yes.
Okay, I know that’s more than ten books, BUT I COULDN’T HELP IT. I loved all of these books so, so much, and this wasn’t even a complete list of the best books that I read or listened to.
What about you? What were the best books you read in 2015? How many did you have? Let me know!