So for today it was a Thanksgiving freebie where you could pick the topic you wanted that revolved around Thanksgiving, and so I wanted to talk about the ten top non-bookish things that I am thankful for in my life. I won’t lie, one or two might be about books, but this list won’t necessarily be comprised of book related things.
So here we go!
- My family – Pretty generic and cheesy, but it’s true. I am incredibly thankful for my family, especially my mom and dad. They’re very supportive and loving and they’re just amazing. I love them to bits and I can’t imagine my life without them. I’m also thankful for my brother and his wife, and my nieces and nephew. I love them all to bits.
- My husband – Though technically he’s my family now and all of that, I think he needs his own bullet point. I love him so much and we’ve been through so much together that I can’t imagine my life without him either. He’s wonderful, loving, funny, and my other half.
- My best friend – My best friend, Katie, is a wonderful woman with a heart of gold and I love her so much. We’ve known each other since kindergarten (almost 20 years, guys) and I seriously CANNOT picture my life without her in it. She’s been there for me through thick and thin, and she’s just a wonderful person.
- My current living situation – My husband and I have a first floor two bedroom apartment for a great price in this area and I’m so, so thankful for that. Though, yes, we’d love to be living in a house sooner rather than later, I’m just glad that we can financially support ourselves in this place for as long as we have been and will continue to do so until we do find our first house.
- My job – Though my job can bring on a lot of anxiety for me, I still am grateful to have it. It’s a full time job with benefits and in this economy, what more can I ask for? It pays the bills and it gives me something to do during the day.
- My books – Okay, here’s the book bit. I love my book collection, and though I am thinking about downgrading a bit and donating books I’ve lost interest in, I still am very grateful to have this passion and love of reading (even if I’m having extreme difficulty lately).
- My blog – Seriously! Without my blog, without you guys, I’d be so bored! This blog in particular is my most successful one – and I’m not just talking about how many people follow me. I’ve been so dedicated to this blog and posting as much and as often as I can to just, well, talk about my love for books and reading and writing. They’re all wonderful, amazing passions and I’m just glad I have an outlet in which I can share my opinions and views on. So thank you – all of you – for reading, following, and chatting with me.
- My car – My first “big girl” purchase that I’ll be paying off for the next six years, my car is so much better than the one I had before. Yes, the last one may have been given to me for free by my dad, but that doesn’t mean I liked it one bit. BUT, my new car is awesome and I love it and I’m so grateful that I was able to get it and that I’ve owned it for a year now.
- My bird – It’s just great having a pet around, and the fact that I get to have my bird live with us makes me feel happy and a little bit more comfortable in my apartment when I’m alone sometimes.
- God – In case you didn’t know, I am a Christian, and as such, yes, I am thankful for God, for Jesus, and for all He’s done for me and will continue to do for me.
So that is my list of ten non-bookish things that I am thankful for this Thanksgiving season. I’m not 100% sure as to what my husband and I are doing, but I’m sure whatever it is there will be plenty of food and good times to be had.
What are some of the things you’re thankful for? What are your plans for this holiday season? Do you celebrate Thanksgiving? If not, tell me what you’re thankful for in your life, anyway.