Hey peeps, welcome to another Top Ten Tuesday as hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! I want to apologize for being so absent this month; it’s just been a really slow one.
So for today it was a Thanksgiving freebie where you could pick the topic you wanted that revolved around Thanksgiving, and so I wanted to talk about the ten top non-bookish things that I am thankful for in my life. I won’t lie, one or two might be about books, but this list won’t necessarily be comprised of book related things.
So here we go!
- My family – Pretty generic and cheesy, but it’s true. I am incredibly thankful for my family, especially my mom and dad. They’re very supportive and loving and they’re just amazing. I love them to bits and I can’t imagine my life without them. I’m also thankful for my brother and his wife, and my nieces and nephew. I love them all to bits.
- My husband – Though technically he’s my family now and all of that, I think he needs his own bullet point. I love him so much and we’ve been through so much together that I can’t imagine my life without him either. He’s wonderful, loving, funny, and my other half.
- My best friend – My best friend, Katie, is a wonderful woman with a heart of gold and I love her so much. We’ve known each other since kindergarten (almost 20 years, guys) and I seriously CANNOT picture my life without her in it. She’s been there for me through thick and thin, and she’s just a wonderful person.
- My current living situation – My husband and I have a first floor two bedroom apartment for a great price in this area and I’m so, so thankful for that. Though, yes, we’d love to be living in a house sooner rather than later, I’m just glad that we can financially support ourselves in this place for as long as we have been and will continue to do so until we do find our first house.
- My job – Though my job can bring on a lot of anxiety for me, I still am grateful to have it. It’s a full time job with benefits and in this economy, what more can I ask for? It pays the bills and it gives me something to do during the day.
- My books – Okay, here’s the book bit. I love my book collection, and though I am thinking about downgrading a bit and donating books I’ve lost interest in, I still am very grateful to have this passion and love of reading (even if I’m having extreme difficulty lately).
- My blog – Seriously! Without my blog, without you guys, I’d be so bored! This blog in particular is my most successful one – and I’m not just talking about how many people follow me. I’ve been so dedicated to this blog and posting as much and as often as I can to just, well, talk about my love for books and reading and writing. They’re all wonderful, amazing passions and I’m just glad I have an outlet in which I can share my opinions and views on. So thank you – all of you – for reading, following, and chatting with me.
- My car – My first “big girl” purchase that I’ll be paying off for the next six years, my car is so much better than the one I had before. Yes, the last one may have been given to me for free by my dad, but that doesn’t mean I liked it one bit. BUT, my new car is awesome and I love it and I’m so grateful that I was able to get it and that I’ve owned it for a year now.
- My bird – It’s just great having a pet around, and the fact that I get to have my bird live with us makes me feel happy and a little bit more comfortable in my apartment when I’m alone sometimes.
- God – In case you didn’t know, I am a Christian, and as such, yes, I am thankful for God, for Jesus, and for all He’s done for me and will continue to do for me.
So that is my list of ten non-bookish things that I am thankful for this Thanksgiving season. I’m not 100% sure as to what my husband and I are doing, but I’m sure whatever it is there will be plenty of food and good times to be had.
What are some of the things you’re thankful for? What are your plans for this holiday season? Do you celebrate Thanksgiving? If not, tell me what you’re thankful for in your life, anyway.
Welcome to another Top Ten Tuesday, as hosted by the peeps over at Broke & Bookish. Today’s topic was a freebie, meaning we could pick whatever we wanted to talk about, and so I thought I’d talk about some of the bookish things that are on my wishlist! Now this doesn’t necessarily mean I will ever acquire these items, but I would still love to hope I would one day.
- Harry Potter merch – specially Hufflepuff merch. Okay, so, I am a Hufflepuff and every quiz I’ve ever taken EVER, including Pottermore (twice!) has been Hufflepuff. So I want some Hufflepuff merch because I want to show off my Hogwarts pride someway, somehow!
- More POP! Vinyl figures – So far all I have is Daenerys from A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin, and I love her to bits! The one I got is one I hadn’t seen before, and it’s the one where she’s holding one of her little dragons and I just love it. I would love to get more figurines, specifically of Hagrid, and any other cool ones I want. Heck, they don’t even have to be book related, I just want moreeeee.
- Bookworms – I’ve seen them on Etsy and I really want a felt or fabric bookworm to chill on my shelf and make his home there. Because, why not? I’m pretty sure it’s an essential. Specifically this one.
- Bookmarks – Like my collection isn’t big enough already, but I’d love more bookmarks! My favorites are the little magnetic ones because they’re a lot harder to lose than regular cardboard ones. But really, any will do!
- A tattoo – Okay, I know what you’re thinking: “Isn’t that a little extreme?” Well, yes, it is. But my love for reading is endless and forever, so why not commemorate that with a tattoo? I’m not saying it’ll happen any time soon – if at all – but a girl can dream. Just look at these cool ones.
- A bookish phone case – I’ve been mulling over this for weeks now and I just really want to get one. There’s actually a booklr, books-cupcakes, who has a Redbubble shop and I really want this design. I think it’s perfect and feminine and lovely.
- Posters – I have a serious lack of posters of books lying around. I’m not really a poster person much anymore (mostly because I don’t want to hang anything up on the walls in my apartment), but that doesn’t mean I won’t appreciate the thought of them!
- Book charms – You know those necklaces or bracelets with charms on them and they’re mini versions of books? Yeah, I want one of those. Which book? I have no idea. Actually, I do, and it’d be the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas, and if I had to pick one book, it’d be Queen of Shadows. >> Okay, that was too easy.
- Journals galore – This is sort of bookish, but I love journals. I love to collect them, and even if I don’t write in them I love them. Just the idea and possibility of writing in them and filling the pages excites me – I just never know what to write in them!
- Bumper sticker – Are there book bumper stickers out there? I’d love one and stick it to my car proudly.
So there you have it! My bookish wishlist. What are some of the bookish things that you wish you could have? Let me know!
Welcome to another Top 5 Wednesday as hosted by Lainey of gingerreadslainey on YouTube. Today’s topic is all about those things on your shelves that aren’t books. So let’s jump right in:
5. Disney Girl License Plate
I got this license plate during an event at my college about two years ago. I love love love Disney with all my heart, and so I had to get a plate (that’s plastic) to commemorate it.
4. Mickey & Minnie Plushies
We got these plushies on our honeymoon to Disney World over Christmas in 2014. It was so fun and I wanted to get my first Mickey plushie. Well, why not both Mickey and Minnie for the price of one? Plus they were dressed in their wedding garb, which was perfect.
3. Seashell from Wedding
It was a Disney themed wedding (see a pattern here?) and I didn’t want a typical bouquet once I was given the option to carry a seashell. And guess who my favorite Disney Princess is? Ariel! So it was perfect. And yes, those flowers are from the wedding; they’re dried by now, so they can crumble really easily.
2. Mickey & Minnie Frame with Wedding Picture
On our honeymoon in Disney we saw this frame at our resort and we just HAD to have it. Luckily they found a box in the back otherwise we may not have been able to get it. I love how beautiful it is and how it has the two iconic characters dressed up for their wedding day (plus the picture in it is from our wedding day!).
1. Family Photos
I have a whole bunch of photos of my sister, who didn’t make it when she was born, to my Memere and Pepere from their prom back in the day, to my dogs Hershey and Taz. They’re super special to me and definitely make it to the top spot on the list for this week.
What are some of your miscellaneous things that are on your shelves that you find special? Let me know!