Wow, a whole year has come and gone since I started blogging and vlogging. In fact, my first post here wasn’t even an introductory post, but a review on the Divergent series and movie. It’s been a great ride and I am so happy to have been able to share it with all of you. Truly, it makes me happy to know that so many people have joined in conversation with me, have read my reviews and discussions, and have just overall been a great support.
I’m still in awe over the great things that have happened since I became a Booktuber, and subsequently, became a blogger. Here are some fun statistics from the past year:
- I’ve read and reviewed a total of 47 books over the past year! Wow! That’s a lot, in my opinion.
- I’ve held 19 discussions about various topics floating around the book world, or just from my own thoughts.
- I’ve participated in five or six readathons this summer alone. They’re a little stressful but still fun.
- I’ve held eight different talks varying from a blog tour to talking about the cast of the Shadowhunters TV show.
- I’ve done 9 book tags that have different themes to them.
- I’ve participated in both Top Ten Tuesday and Top 5 Wednesday, as hosted by their respective party.
- I started Rayna Recommends, a bi-monthly recommendation list on a certain topic or genre.
- I’ve done 9 book hauls and 2 unhauls. Sometimes you win some, sometimes you lose some.
- I do talk about writing occasionally, but as this is primarily a book review blog, it doesn’t happen often. Though I have progressed a lot since I first started NaNoWriMo last November.
- I’ve done four movie reviews; if there’s a book-to-movie adaptation that I’ve seen/will see, I might do a review on it!
- As of this moment, I have a total of 156 followers for this blog. WOW! You guys are the best and are definitely part of what makes this such a fun experience. I’m glad I’ve been able to talk to some of you and had some conversations with you. Thank you for that!
Suffice it to say, I’d call that a productive year. I have never read so many books before in such a short span of time, despite loving to read so much. I feel like this past year has been amazing for me, and it’ll only continue to get better.
Now I don’t have any big celebration planned or anything, but I am considering doing a Q&A for anyone interested in knowing more about me, my reading habits, vlogging, and more! Let me know in the comments below if you’d be interested.
You can also post your question here or tweet me your question with #AskReaderRayna
Thank you to all of you who have followed, liked, commented, shared, chatted, and read anything on my blog! It’s been a great year and I hope to see much more in store in the years to come!