Well, we’re half way through the year already (can you believe it?) and it’s time for another TBR challenge for the month. Whether or not I get to all of these books is up for debate, but I’m going to do my best.
This is another readathon that’s pretty relaxed, but she gave five challenges you can opt to try out during the week. And, well, I decided to try it out.
- A book that’s been on your shelf for at least a year. For this one I chose “A Game of Thrones” by George R.R. Martin. Now, I’m not going to attempt to read the rest of the book as I’m already 33% through it from when I stopped almost two years ago, but I am aiming for at least another 100-200 pages read.
- An unread sequel. Now, I’m not really cheating (but I kinda am) in that I’m going to finish “Unravel Me” by Tahereh Mafi. I didn’t get to finish it last month and I really want to, sooo, yeah.
- The first book in a series. For this one I chose “Shadow and Bone” by Leigh Bardugo. I’ve heard so many great things about it that I figured I’d definitely give it a go.
- A book that’s out of your comfort zone. Well, this can be either based on genre or content, and I chose content. I picked “Stolen” by Lucy Christopher, which is a book about kidnapping and since I’ve never read about that subject (nor am I fond of the subject) I figured it fit.
- A book from your most recent haul. And for this one I chose “Magonia” by Maria Dahvana Headley (since I already read all the other books from my latest haul). I think it’s going to be an interesting read and I hope to enjoy it.
Alrighty, so that’s all I hope to read throughout the week. Will I get to all of these books? Probably not, but it’s okay as long as I try to read what I can.
As for the rest of my TBR for the month, I plan on reading:
- “Ignite Me” by Tahereh Mafi, this third and final book in the Shatter Me trilogy.
- “Days of Blood and Starlight” by Laini Taylor. I’ve been dying to finish this trilogy and the third book will be coming out in paperback on July 7th, so it’s not too far away from now!
- “The Final Empire” by Brandon Sanderson. I really want to start reading this trilogy and see what all the fuss is about. I don’t doubt that it’s a great book, I’m just interested to see how it goes and all that.
As for my TBR Jar Challenge for the month, it’s to read a book that won an award. Well, “Stolen” by Lucy Christopher won or was nominated the Pulitzer prize, so… killing two birds with one stone!
I think that’s enough books to last me the month, don’t you think? Maybe I’m being too ambitious, but I hope to at least start some of these books, if not finish them.
What are your reading plans for the month? Let me know!