Welcome to another Top Ten Tuesday. Today’s topic is ten books you’d want to take to the beach with you/books you think make great beach reads. When I think of the beach I think of fun, summer, sand, friends, laughing, relaxing, and getting away from the world. I also think of romance, fleeting or otherwise, and doing daring and potentially dangerous things. These books encompass that feeling in some way, and they are:
3. “Enchanting the Lady” by Kathryne Kennedy. It’s an adult romance book, so there’s going to be a lot of sex in it, but it’s also a story about a girl who finds she had a curse put on her to make her mostly invisible to others. Except one man can see her and he begins to fall for her.
4. “The Selection” by Kiera Cass. As the first book in the series, it’s got it’s fair share of drama and romance, plus it just seems like a lighter read, really. I enjoyed it more than I thought and I could see myself reading it at the beach.
8. “Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda” by Becky Albertalli. This book was so cute and made me squee so much, but it also had a lot of inner thoughts going on and friendships that had to see if they could stand against some trials.
9. “Eleanor & Park” by Rainbow Rowell. Though the topics in the book can be a bit more hard hitting, I think that the romance aspect is good for a beach read. Curl up under an umbrella with a cool drink and you’re set to go.
10. Manga! Specifically romance manga. They’re quick reads because the pictures take up most of the page, but the stories can be engaging and funny and wonderful and make you giggle with happiness.
So, there’s my list. Some of these are a little harder in topic than what some might consider for a beach read, but I still think they hold enough romance, adventure, and more to draw someone in to read on the beach.
What books would you bring/consider beach reads? Let me know!