Welcome to another Top Ten Tuesday as hosted by the lovely people of the Broke and the Bookish. Today’s topic is all time favorite authors. That’s right, from childhood to now, who are your top ten favorite authors?
1. Sarah J Maas. I mean, c’mon, did anyone not expect to see her on here? She definitely makes the list for having such awesome storytelling skills, kickass female heroines, and just cool stories overall.
2. Cassandra Clare. Again, was this a surprise? She’s one of my writing influencers and I just love her storytelling and the plots she comes up with. Great writing mind, plus we’re from the same state. xD
3. Mary E. Pearson. She wrote on of my favorite books (that has just been made a favorite recently) and she’s also one of the first authors to ever respond to me via social media. So yes, she definitely makes my top ten. She seems like a sweet lady and I hope to meet her one day!
4. Neil Gaiman. His writing style is beautiful and I just love the stories he comes up with. I haven’t read many books by him yet, but I’m slowly making my way through. He has a great mind and creative genius and he’s definitely another role model for my own writing.
5. Nancy Farmer. She wrote one of my favorite books of all time, so she had to make this list. Though I’ve never read the sequel or anything else by her, I really enjoyed her storytelling and just how she explained so much in a given space.
6. Laini Taylor. She wrote a fantastic series (which I’ve only read the first book of so far) and has a great writing style. She makes me love love and want to know more about the world that she wrote about. Plus she has awesome pink hair.
7. J.K. Rowling. Even though I haven’t completed the Harry Potter series for the first time, I still really have enjoyed the series thus far, plus I love the movie adaptations. She invested so much into those books and I feel that she definitely deserves to be on my list.
8. Becky Albertalli. Definitely a new favorite author after reading her book. She has a no-nonsense writing style and I love the way she used her knowledge and past experience with teens to write the book. Fantastic.
9. Stephenie Meyer. During the height of Twilight I’d say she would’ve been my #1 favorite author, but now I just reflect back on those times in high school and it’s definitely more of a nostalgic feel than anything.
10. Rainbow Rowell. I’d consider her among my favorite authors. She’s good at writing books that connect you to the characters and think of your own past with certain situations that happen in the books. At least that’s what happens with me. Plus her style is unique and I really like it.
I just realized I only have one male author on my list. Wow.
Anyway, those are some of my all time favorite authors! I honestly am not surprised most of them have stemmed from recent years, but hey, it happens.
Who are some of your favorite authors? Let me know!