Can you believe it’s April tomorrow? Where is the time going?
In the month of March I read a total of seven books! Holy carp, I have never read that many books in one month before! It was a great reading month, obviously, with both physical and audiobooks to quench my thirst for adventure.
So, without further ado, let me go over the books I read this past month:
- “Daughter of Smoke & Bone” by Laini Taylor. This book became a favorite of mine really quick as I read it. From the romance, to the mythological roots, to the characters, and more, I fell in love with this book and can’t wait to continue on with the trilogy. I rated this 5/5 stars. Read my review!
- “Red Queen” by Victoria Aveyard. I went in with less than high hopes for this book and it kind of met my expectations. A lot of it was predictable and at times, annoying. I knew the plot twist long before it happened and I didn’t really connect with the characters or anything. I rated this 3.5/5 stars. Read my review!
- “Falling Kingdoms” by Morgan Rhodes. I had the most difficult time getting through this book back in January, but I managed to finish it this month and I did enjoy it. I really loved each individual main character and how their stories are interweaving. Yes, it was a little predictable at times, but it was still a good story. I rated this 4/5 stars. Read my review!
- “The Elite” by Kiera Cass. This is the second book in the Selection series and it was my least favorite of the three, but it was still a good read. America was really whiny and annoying in this book and made lots of stupid decisions, but it helped to push the plot along and to learn more about her world. I rated this 4/5 stars. Read my review!
- “The One” by Kiera Cass. This is the third book in the Selection series and it was my favorite of the three. America really came into her own and proved she wasn’t just some lovestruck teenage girl, but someone who really cares about those around her and the kingdom. I rated this 5/5 stars. Read my review!
- “Firelight” by Sophie Jordan. This was my TBR Jar Challenge for the month of March, which was to reread a favorite book. Well, I reread it, still loved it, but I was a bit more aware of the writing style and the characters within the book. My new rating for this book is 4/5 stars (where before it was 5/5). Read my review!
- “The Kiss of Deception” by Mary E. Pearson. This was my first audiobook from Audible, and I must say that I am impressed. I love the book itself, and the voice actors are great. The story was rich and well thought out and written. I can’t wait for the next one to come on later this year. I rate this 5/5 stars. Read my review!
I’m pretty dang proud of myself.
As for next month, I don’t plan on reading as many books (I wasn’t planning on reading as many as I did this time, either) as I’m going to be participating in Camp NaNoWriMo this April, but I do still plan on reading a few books, and they are:
- “On Writing” by Stephen King. I got this book last year and have been wanting to read it since, so I thought what better time than another NaNoWriMo month? It’s a memoir on the craft of writing, and as I writer I am more than excited to read this book.
- “Vanish” and “Hidden” by Sophie Jordan. For my TBR Jar Challenge for April, I picked finish a series. So, since I reread the first book, I figured I may as well reread the rest of the trilogy while I’m at it. I remember some of what happens in these books, but not everything. I wonder how my ratings will compare to when I read them before.
So, since I’m going to be more focused on writing this month, those are all of the books I’m planning on reading in April. I may or may not read more, including an audiobook, but we’ll see how things go.
Accompanying video: March 2015 Wrap-Up & April TBR
What did you read in March? What are your reading plans for April? Are you planning on participating in Camp NaNoWriMo? Let me know!