Oh my gosh the books. I seriously have a weakness, guys. #ashamed
Anyway, I got a bunch of books this month, including physical, ebook, AND audiobook, so I’m just going to jump right in to what I got.
- “Gathering Darkness” by Morgan Rhodes. This is the third book in the Falling Kingdoms series. I got it so I’d have it on hand for when I’m ready to read it. This series is interesting and I do want to read it and everything. So…yeah.
- “The One” by Kiera Cass. The third book in the Selection series, this is the wrap-up to America’s story as part of the Selection. Just like the rest of the series, I enjoyed it. I had to read it as soon as I finished the second book, and I did. You can read my review here.
- “Never Fade” by Alexandra Bracken. This is the second book in the Darkest Minds trilogy. This is really hard to find in my area, so I made sure to pick it up as soon as I saw it. I haven’t started reading this trilogy yet, but I plan to soon.
- “The Ocean at the End of the Lane” and “Neverwhere” by Neil Gaiman. Nail Gaiman is definitely one of my favorite authors and I’m excited to read both of these. One is about a man remembering the past and how strange that past was, with its many secrets and mysteries; the other is about a guy in London who comes across this girl, and once he had contact with her he is no longer in his own London, but in hers. I think both sound interesting, and in all honesty, Neil Gaiman is one of my auto-buy authors.
- “The Prince,” “The Guard,” “The Queen,” and on pre-order, “The Favorite” by Kiera Cass. These are all novellas from the Selection world from the points of view of different characters. I’m really excited to read all of these and get more from the Selection world. There’s just something about this world that pulls me in, man. And I’ll probably forget about the pre-order by the time it comes out… hopefully not.
- “Welcome to Shadowhunter Academy” and “The Lost Herondale” by Cassandra Clare (feat. Sarah Rees Brennan and Robin Wasserman, respectively). These are novellas one and two of the ever growing world of the Shadowhunters. I love Clare’s work and so I just couldn’t hold myself back from getting these (actually, I could have, but I chose not to). I’m trying to not look at what they’re about because I know I’ll be spoiled for something.
- “The Kiss of Deception” by Mary E. Pearson. This is a book that’s been floating around for a while with a lot of highly recommended reviews, so I’m really intrigued to read it. Because it’s in audiobook format, I obvious listened to it while I drove and whenever else I wanted.
- “Red Rising” by Pierce Brown. Another big book, but in the adult world (gasp!). This is a fantasy book where people that are Reds are trying to build a civilization on Mars. They are the lowest class in society and when Darrow discovers that a lot of things have already been built and cultivated on the surface, he sets out to find out exactly why no one told him or anyone else. Sounds intriguing, very interested in reading it. Plus the narrator’s voice is awesome.
So that’s everything I got this past month. I’m excited to get to these books in time, as well as happy I finished what I did.
Have you read any of these books? Which do you recommend I read sooner rather than later? Let me know!