Hey, I’m starting some fun new things starting this month! I’ve been looking around at various blogs that I follow and found Top 10 Tuesday, hosted by the lovely people at Broke and Bookish. So, each Tuesday I’ll be participating and doing my best to list the top ten whatever every week!
So, for this week it’s all about (that bass, jk) favorite books OF ALL TIME! …over the last three years. Well, since I’ve really picked up on reading over the last several months, this should be easy! Even though some of my favorite books are from way before then, but oh well.
2. “Crown of Midnight” by Sarah J Maas. Can you see a theme here? This second book was even better than the first with more action, romance, revenge… awesome!
3. “Heir of Fire” by Sarah J Maas. Okay, this is the last one by her, I swear, but I just love this series so much that each have to be listed in this top ten pick.
5. “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban” by J.K. Rowling. I’ve never read the HP series until my 20s and it’s definitely been a great ride so far. HP3 is my favorite book so far with so much plot development and character development. I learned so much about the world and some characters I didn’t get from the movies, so I loved it, really.
6. “Stardust” by Neil Gaiman. This book was just so beautifully written, and the tale behind it was just really cool. I’m glad I read it and really got a sense of what Gaiman’s writing is like. Very inspiring for my own writing.
7. “This Shattered World” by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner. This is the second book in the Starbound trilogy and it was so much better than the first. I loved the first, too, but this one definitely makes my favorites list for sure. The world was more developed and the characters were so awesome together.
8. “Firelight” by Sophie Jordan. I loved this tale of people turning into dragons and their fight for survival, plus the whirlwind romance that made my heart all a flutter. Yup, it was a great book that lead into cool sequels.
9. “Fangirl” by Rainbow Rowell. This was so reminiscent of college, even though I just graduated last May. It was so cute and I enjoyed reading the story within the story, though I still wish there had been more Cath/Levi time. Ah well, still a great story.
10. “The Fault in Our Stars” by John Green. Like everyone else (or the majority) that read this, I fell in love and cried and felt the feels. It’s a great book with lots of emotion and depth and I highly enjoyed it.
What are some of your top favorite books you’ve read recently? Let me know!