Hey peeps! I’m here with another tag and since we’re getting closer to Valentine’s Day, I decided to do this tag that Anette of Anette Reads made! It’s pretty straight forward, so here we go:
1. Your favorite book couple. Too. Many. Umm… If I have to pick one couple for the purposes of this tag then I choose Cath and Levi from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell.
2. Your top 3 book boy/girlfriends. 1. Kaden from The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson. Forever. Love him. // 2. Aeduan from Truthwitch by Susan Dennard. He’s an angry ball of yesness. // 3. Curran from the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews. Meeeeowwww.
3. Imagine your favorite book couple. Who would propose, and how? (If there’s already been a proposal: who would be more into organizing the wedding?) It would totally be Levi because Cath would be either too shy or just be like, “Um, so…”
So Levi would probably buy Cath some flowers, chocolates, the whole nine yards, and probably take her out to dinner. Of course he’d have gotten her father’s and sister’s permissions before this, and then when they’re out on the date (maybe a picnic at his parents’ farm?), he’d get down on one knee and ask. Cath would be so flustered that she wouldn’t know what to say. So cute.
4. Unpopular opinions time! Name a popular pairing you can’t stand. Lia and Rafe from The Remnant Chronicles. I’M SORRY. I just can’t imagine them together. Maybe it’s because my love for Kaden makes me blind. I don’t know.
5. What’s your favorite and least favorite romance trope? Favorite: Strong, masculine thief/dark type. Oh my, bring on those bad boys. (Yes, I’m one of THOSE.) // Least Favorite: The I’m-super-angry-at-the-world type that doesn’t really show much redemption or anything like that. I don’t know how to explain.
6. Do you ship non-canon couples often? Name some if you do. Lia/Kaden. Iseult/Aeduan, omgyessss.
7. Your opinion on love triangles. Go! If they’re done right, then I’m fine with them. Example: The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson. Otherwise, I’m over it.
8. Favorite and least favorite love triangle? Favorite: Lia/Kaden/Rafe // Least Favorite: Maxon/America/Aspen. Ugh.
9. Sometimes romance just isn’t the way to go. Favorite friendship? Kenji/Juliette. I love them together! They’re great friends to one another, I think.
10. What’s your favorite scene with your bookish OTP? Probably when Cath is reading some of her fanfiction to Levi and they end up falling asleep next to each other and sharing a sweet little kiss that Cath wasn’t sure if it was real or not.
11. Imagine your favorite book couple again. Who’s most excited about Valentine’s Day (either ironically or genuinely)? Genuinely: Levi. Ironically: Cath. Hands down. Oh man, Cath would be like, “Can’t we just stay in?” And Levi would be like, “No! Cather, we have reservations. We’re going.” With the biggest grin on his face.
There you have it! I think that that pretty much covers my thoughts and feels on some book love related things.
If you want to do this tag, please feel free to do so!
Who are your OTPs and who do you think would ask who out on a date? Let me know!
Hey peeps! Another day of Bout of Books has come and gone, and I almost didn’t read at all yesterday, but I managed to read a chapter in “Magic Bites” by Ilona Andrews, so yay for me!
So my reading progress yesterday was:
Now though I’ve strayed away from my TBR for the readathon a little bit, I am still reading those other books, just… not right now.
I also participated in the challenge that took place, which was to ship two characters together from two different books. Here’s my “ship:”
- Professor Umbridge from the Harry Potter series and Joffery Baratheon from A Game of Thrones.
- Ship Name: Evil Incarnate
Reason: Now let me say this first: I do not ship them romantically. This ship is not a ship in the traditional sense, but rather a ship that is all about power and manipulation. You see, I loathe both of these characters from the very depths of my soul. They are both cruel and evil and they enjoy doing what they do that causes harm – emotionally, physically, or mentally – to those that that they wish to punish.With that being said, I ship them as like a grandmother/grandson type of thing where she oversees his actions and he rules the company. You know what I’m saying? They’d be the perfect evil power couple, even if both would be disgusted by the other.
Yup. I just couldn’t stop thinking about how evil this pair would be, so there you go.
Now I hope that you’re all having a good reading week as tomorrow is the last day of Bout of Books (though I’ll have two more update posts), but I also have something else in store for you all:
I’m hosting this giveaway because, well, I think it’s long overdue and I wanted to show my gratitude to my followers and to those who read my blog. You guys are awesome and are part of the reason why I continue to do what I do.
That’s right! I’m going to be hosting a giveaway for one book up to $15USD from Book Depository! As long as it ships to your country, you have a chance to win!
Just fill out the rafflecopter below and you’ll be entered! The winner will be emailed following the end of the raffle and will have 48 hours to respond before someone else is picked.
CLICK HERE FOR THE GIVEAWAY
- Must be at least 18 years or older, OR 13 and older with parents’ permission to win.
- This is an INTERNATIONAL giveaway, but Book Depository MUST ship to your country in order to win.
- You must be okay with giving me your address. I will not share it with anyone and will only use it as part of the Book Depository order.
Well, the title states it, but I’ll say it again: Happy Valentine’s Day! This is the day when love is most abundant in the air, Hallmark sells a crap ton of cards, flowers are given to many, and chocolate is much celebrated.
Ah, love. It’s a wonderful thing, really. When I think of love I think of my favorite types of books or movies that incorporate love into their stories. I’m a romantic at heart, so feeding into that love is something that I look forward to expectantly in what I read or watch.
So, for today’s topic I wanted to give you guys a list of some of my favorite couples from books and movies/TV shows that I think are worth checking out. If you love love, then I suggest these various things:
- Meghan and Ash from The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. They have such a strong relationship that builds as the series progresses and I love the dynamic between them. Plus it has faeries, which are some of my favorite beings to read about, so that’s a plus. But these two battle together and overcome many trials together, though not without difficulty, of course.
- Maxon and America from “The Selection” series by Kiera Cass. Though I’ve only read the first book I know the ending because it was spoiled for me, but I still love the dynamic between these two. They bring out the best of each other, which does include vulnerabilities, and I really like that about their relationship.
- Jubilee and Flynn from “This Shattered World” by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner. Love, love, love these two so much. A captain and a rebel end up falling in love with one another, though neither of them really admits their feelings to the other. As the story progresses they really become close and know that they are willing to risk their lives for one another. I really loved their story and how they worked together, and how their affection for one another grew over time rather than developed right away.
- Hazel and Gus from “The Fault in Our Stars” by John Green. This book was full of heartbreaking and heartwrenching moments, but I loved the relationship these two had. They weren’t just cancer kids, but they had a relationship that grew over time and you could really see their feelings for each other grow in that time.
- Eleanor and Park from “Eleanor & Park” by Rainbow Rowell. Such a cute book. Such a good story. These two grew into a relationship together and that’s what I love about books like this: it’s not just insta-love, it’s a growing, flourishing relationship with one another. These two dealt with a lot of stereotypes and obstacles, but they overcame them one by one.
- Cath and Levi from “Fangirl” by Rainbow Rowell. Again, so cute, love this book so much. These two were so different from one another but I think that that was what helped to bring them close together. They’re definitely one of my top OTPs.
- Elena and Stephen from “The Vampire Diaries” series by L.J. Smith. I haven’t read these books since high school but I remember how much I enjoyed reading about their relationship and how they complimented one another throughout the series rather than completing each other. It was really great to read about and how much their love for one another extended.
- Miaka and Tamahome from “Fushigi Yuugi” by Yuu Watase. These two went through SO MUCH over the 18 volume span of this manga series. I love them so, so, sooooo much. As my favorite series I couldn’t help but grow with them and love them and watch as they grew together in many ways and how their love for each other grew throughout the series. Truly awesome.
Okay, I could go on and on, but I think that’s a good chunk of a list for now. Now some books I haven’t read yet but have seen the film version of that book, or otherwise, so I’m going to list some of my favorite movie couples that I love:
- Noah and Allie from The Notebook. If you love love then you’ll love this movie. Seriously, it tugs on all of the feels you could ever have. My mom watches this movie religiously when it’s on (I’m not kidding) and I love it as well. The relationship these two form, though very rocky, is strong and full of passion. It’s based off of the book by Nicholas Sparks.
- Landon and Jamie from A Walk to Remember. Again, this tugs on the feels so much. Bad boy meets good girl and bad boy falls in love with good girl. So cute, so cheesy, but so good. Really, these two are a great couple together and it’s just… oh, just watch it. This is also based off of a Nicholas Sparks book.
- Simba and Nala from The Lion King. Okay, why wouldn’t I throw these two in here? They’re childhood (cubhood?) best buds who grow up together, but get separated, find each other, fall in love, have a falling out, but still love each other and save their kingdom together. I mean really, if they aren’t on your OTP list, put them there.
- Ron and Hermione from the Harry Potter series. Yes, we love them. Yes, they’re awesome. And of course they make my list (I’m still only on book four, so I have to base this opinion off of the movies). Obviously based off of the books by J.K. Rowling.
- Emma Swann and Hook from Once Upon a Time. I love this series so much, but I’ve seen how these two act toward each other and omg it’s awesome. It feels like authentic love and I love that about them. Also Mary Margaret and David from this series, too, makes me happy. Love them together.
- Jamie and Claire from Outlander. Though I’ve only seen the first episode (this lack of cable thing is killing me) I loved them together and I obviously know what happens between them because spoilers on the Internet are extremely hard to avoid. But anyway, these two are just so… perfect together. This is also based off of the book series by Diana Gabaldon, and I do have the first book, I just have to, you know, read it.
- Bones (Temperance) and Booth from Bones. They’re always picking on each other and always getting under one another’s skin, but they also work well together as a team and I know that they have feelings for one another as the series progresses. I’ve watched this on and off for a few years, but now I’m trying to catch up on Netflix.
- Richard Castle and Kate Beckett from Castle. They’re so goofy together and know just the right buttons to push to get under each other’s skin, but they also know how the other works and can trust the other to lead them through any given situation.
Okay, a list of eight each, I think that’s good. So those are some of my favorite OTPs and movies/books/TV shows that incorporate love in some way, shape, or form within them. If you love love, then I definitely suggest checking them out.
What are some of your OTPs? Either from books, movies, and/or TV shows – let me know!