Hey peeps, how’s it going? I’m here to do a fun Christmas tag that I first saw on Jessethereader‘s channel, but the tag was originally created by GirlReading. I haven’t done a tag in a while and let’s be real: FESTIVE TAGS ARE MY FAVE. So without further ado, here’s the questions!
1. A fictional family you would like to spend Christmas dinner with.
No gonna lie, I’d love to spend time with the Weasley family. I think it would kind of fun in a chaotic way? And I’m talking before all the crap happened with Voldemort. But even afterward, a few years down the road, I think it would be fun to sit with a big family and just have a fun magical Christmas dinner.
2. A bookish item you would like to receive as a gift.
See my Top Ten Tuesday Holiday Gift Guide from this year because I need something from every single one of those small businesses I listed!
3. A fictional character you think would make the perfect Christmas elf?
THIS GUY RIGHT HERE:
…it didn’t say it had to be a fictional BOOK character…
For this one I think I have to go with Alice from the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. She seems to have a knack for giving Bella a lot of really cool, expensive gifts, plus she has really good taste, so she’d be a great Christmas elf.
4. Match a book to its perfect Christmas song.
And if we wanted to play off of a certain someone’s nickname, then it would be I’ll Have a Blue Christmas Without You. >> Harharharhar.
5. Bah Humbug: a book or fictional character you’ve been disappointed in and should be put on the Naughty List.
I was disappointed in The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski when I read it earlier this year because it had been so hyped up for so long by so many people that I was expecting to go into it and really enjoy it, but it just didn’t work for me. You can check out my review for more details.
6. A book or fictional character you think deserves more love and appreciation and deserves to be put on the Nice List.
I think My Lady Jane by Brodi Ashton, Cynthia Hand, and Jodi Meadows needs more love and appreciation (even though it has lots) because IT’S SO GOOD. Historical fiction meets fantasy meets comedy meets romance? I mean, there’s seriously something really cool about it and you NEED to read it! Check out my review for more thoughts as to why!
7. Red, Gold, and Green: a book cover that has a wonderfully Christmasy feel to it.
8. A book or series you love so much that you want everyone to find it under their Christmas tree this year so they can read it and love it too.
THRONE OF GLASS.
But, I mean, that’s a given. So let me talk about something other than that series.
I think everyone should check out the Air Awakens series by Elise Kova. They whole series is already out and they’re available as ebooks on Amazon! It’s a YA fantasy series about a library apprentice named Vhalla who is just working her days in the library, a place she considers her home, when she saves the life of one of the princes when he arrives home. She is then thrown (quite literally) into a situation that awakens her powers as a Windwalker – the only known one in the world in many, many years. She faces a lot of peril, betrayal, love, friendships, and more. I still have to finish the fourth book then read the fifth, but the first three are definitely amazing and I highly suggest you check them out!
- Sophie @ Blame It On the Chocolate
- Ceillie @ Candid Ceillie
- Nicole @ Pop Crunch Boom! Books
- Jolien @ The Fictional Reader
- And anyone else that wants to do this tag!
Let’s Chat! ≧◡≦
Do you celebrate Christmas? If not, what do you celebrate for the holidays? Do you like the festiveness of the season, or are you more of a Scrooge? What book or series would you recommend me to definitely read?