Hey peeps and welcome to another Top Ten Tuesday as hosted by the lovely people over at The Broke & the Bookish. Today’s topic was a Halloween freebie, so we could talk about our favorite scary books, non-scary books that would get you in the fall/Halloween mood, etc, so I decided to talk about what I think some characters would wear as costumes on Halloween if they celebrated it.
I mean, this is a fun thing, right? I can picture some of these quite clearly, so let’s jump right into it! Also, all of my fanart can be found on my deviantART page.
1. Cath from Fangirl would go as Simon Snow. I mean, that’s kind of hands down, right? Or maybe she’d go as Baz and make Levi go as Simon. OMG YES. I SEE IT. Couples costumes FTW.
2. Aelin from Throne of Glass would probably go as Marie Antoinette, with the huge dress, ginormous hair, the fan, everything. She’d own and rock it. And then she’d make Rowan dress up in a really frilly outfit, too, because he can’t be looking shabby next to her.
3. Rhysand from A Court of Mist and Fury would go as something goofy or sensual. It can’t be both, he’d go as one or the other. So he’d either go as a ghost (like, a sheet over himself with holes for eyes cut out), or he’d go as a sexy male pirate or something. And then Feyre would probably be Maleficent, like the Angelina Jolie version.
4. Warner from Shatter Me would probably go as a vampire. And it would be immaculate and impeccable and he’d given Aelin a run for her money. I can see a fight breaking out between those two… Juliette would go as a countess to match Warner and she would just watch from a distance as he and Aelin fought.
5. Shazi from The Wrath and the Dawn I could see going as Katara from Avatar: The Last Airbender because they both have fiery spirits and I can see her not putting up with anyone’s crap (while also amazing everyone with her own magic). Khalid would be Ang to compliment Shazi’s choice.
6. Simon from Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda would go as Harry Potter, because duh. And then Blue would go as Draco and it would be every fangirl’s dream come to reality. Yup.
7. Nikolai from Siege & Storm would go as a pirate. Like, an actual full fledged pirate with the hook, the big, the big hat, everything. And then Alina would probably go as some Final Fantasy character, like Garnet from FFIX. I could see Mal maybe being Spider Man or some other sort of hero.
8. Karou from Daughter of Smoke & Bone would go as an angel just to tease Akiva and then Akiva would just wear like cat or dog ears and a tail. It would be cute and hilarious and I need this in my life.
9. Laia from An Ember in the Ashes would probably be Wonder Woman because she is so strong on the inside that she needs to bring that to the outside. And then Elias would probably be, like, Iron Man. Or Batman. Either way.
10. The group from The Raven Boys would all be someone from The Wizard of Oz. Blue would hand make her own Dorothy costume, complete with red shoes and all. Gansey would be the scarecrow, Adam would go as the Lion, Ronan… well, they’d force Ronan to go as something, but he’d probably pick one of the flying monkeys just to piss everyone off.
I have such an urge to draw fanart of all of these costumes. These would be so fun to see and I think every person would have such fun going out to a Halloween party together.
Let’s Chat! ≧◡≦
What can you picture these characters going as? Do you think any of them would rebel against a costume? Tell me what you think your favorite character would wear out!