Hey peeps and welcome to another Top Ten Tuesday as hosted by the lovely people over at The Broke and the Bookish. Today’s topic is all about ten of your most recent 5 star reads. Five star reads aren’t a super common thing for me, but the way I determine if a book is a five star rating for me is my overall enjoyment of the story, characters, plot, and setting. If I feel that a book deserve a five star, that’s what it’s going to get.
So here are my most recent five star rating reads:
2. Night of Cake & Puppets by Laini Taylor. So much cutenss packed into this novella that I just squeed and laughed out loud so much while reading it! And I don’t laugh out loud often when I read.
7. Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner. So much beauty in this book, I absolutely loved it. So many characters came together, as did the plot, and I fell in love with Gideon and Sofia. Just read this trilogy, seriously. Plus, LOOK AT THAT COVER. Stunning.
8. The Amazing Book is Not On Fire by Dan Howell and Phil Lester. This one is definitely one to get if you’re a fan of Dan & Phil. I highly recommend the audiobook version, as well as the physical copy so you can follow along as they narrate it. So funny.
9. Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas. I love, love, LOVED this book so much. Of course it had its flaws, and I’m not going to deny that, but overall I think that it was the best book in the series so far and I can’t wait for the next.
10. The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J. Maas. As a compilation of novellas, I felt that each story became better as they went as we got to follow Celaena during her time before Endovier. Loved it!
And there you have it, my most recent five star reads! I’m actually surprised (in a good way) that there weren’t more in between these ones. I’ve read a lot of really great books, but like I said, they have to have that special something that just stirs in me the need to give it such a high rating. I obviously recommend all of these books to anyone who wants to read them.
What are five of your most recent five star reads? Have you read any of the ones I read, and if so, what were your thoughts on them? Let me know!