Welcome to another Top Ten Tuesday as hosted by the lovely people at the Broke and the Bookish. Today’s topic is all about the books on your summer TBR. Now these books may not all seem like summery reads, but hey, my tastes range.
1. “A Game of Thrones” by George R.R. Martin. I started reading this in 2013, I think. I put it down after about 220 pages and didn’t pick it up until this past week. Now I’m getting back into reading it and it might take me all summer, but I’m okay with that.
2. “The Final Empire” by Brandon Sanderson. This is the first book in the Mistborn trilogy and there’s been buzz going on around it for months now so I really want to get into it. It sounds interesting with its fantasy elements and magical system so I can’t wait to see what it’s all about.
3. “Me and Earl and the Dying Girl” by Jesse Andrews. So I’ve had this book on my shelf since last year and have yet to read it, but I think that since the movie is coming out that I really want (should) read it before the movie. It sounds interesting and from what I hear it’s really hilarious (if you have that type of humor), so I’m interested.
4. “Rebel Spring” by Morgan Rhodes. I’ve put off the sequels for too long, I think, but I just haven’t been in the mood to read them. I’m interested to see where the story leads and how the four main characters’ lives continue to intersect and everything.
5. “Days of Blood and Starlight” and “Dreams of Gods and Monsters” by Laini Taylor. These are the second and third books in the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy and I haven’t read them yet and I don’t know what I’m doing with my life because of that. I loved the first book so I really, really want to see what happens next.
6. “The Heart of Betrayal” by Mary E. Pearson. This is the sequel to “A Kiss of Deception” and I recently fell in love with this book. I need to know what happens to Lia and Kaden and Raif and just everyone. Ahh! I need it nowwww!
7. “Queen of Shadows” by Sarah J. Maas. I am so, so, SO pumped for this next installment in the Throne of Glass series. I read the first three chapters in a sampler and all the memories came flooding back. I need to know what happens and just how badass Aelin can be.
8. The Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo. I’ve been putting off reading this series until the last book comes out in paperback and I think when it does I’m just going to marathon them and see why so many people liked it. It sounds like something I’d like so I am excited to read it.
9. “Scarlet” and “Cress” by Marissa Meyer. I’ve been putting off reading these only because the first book didn’t impress me as much as I would’ve hoped, but I think that it’s still an interesting world and everything so I definitely want to see the other characters and their stories for sure.
10. “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire” by J.K. Rowling. So as it’s my first read through of this series, I stopped on book four a few months ago and I think I definitely want to try to finish it sometime this summer.
What are some of the books you plan on reading this summer? Let me know!