I haven’t done Top 5 Wednesday for a long time now. Whoops. Well, this week’s topic is all about your favorites books of the year so far. This is going to be hard to choose, but I’m going to do my best. I feel so unfair giving these ranks, but alas, I must.
5. “Daughter of Smoke & Bone” by Laini Taylor.
I wasn’t expecting to love this book so much. It had romance, it had mystery, it had sexy characters, it had beautiful writing and it had so much, much more. It was a wonderful read and I highly recommend it. Check out my review here.
4. “Clockwork Angel” by Cassandra Clare.
This book, though a prequel trilogy beginning, was awesome and wonderful and omg Will Herondale’s personality is amazing. I love the old feel of London and the steampunk affects of the story. I can’t wait to continue on! Check out my review here.
3. “A Court of Thorns and Roses” by Sarah J Maas.
A wonderful beginning to a new trilogy, this book had romance, steamy scenes, hot Faerie men, a strong heroine, and more. It was so worth the read, even if some parts felt out of place and all that. Check out my review here.
2. “An Ember in the Ashes” by Sabaa Tahir.
Wow, this was a strong beginning to a new fantasy series. So far, we only have this book and the upcoming sequel, but I hope it’s more than just a duology. It has action, adventure, romance, betrayal, villains you love to hate, and more. Check out my review here.
This book had me giggling and squeeing for a large portion of what I was reading. It was so cute and fun and such a great read. If you haven’t read this yet, what are you waiting for? Do it. Do it nooooowwww. Check out my review here.
Okay, because this is just cruel and unusual punishment, here’s a couple of honorable mentions that have also been my favorites this year:
- “The Kiss of Deception” by Mary E. Pearson. This book is lovely and the audiobook was awesome. It has romance, adventure, mystery, betrayal, intrigue, and so much more. Highly recommend it. Check out my review here.
- “The One” by Kiera Cass. I thought this was a great wrap up to the trilogy and it was so cute and it made me go “aww” more than once. Check out my review here.
- “City of Glass” by Cassandra Clare. As the third book and the original wrap up to the Mortal Instruments, I thought it was super well done and it was just amazing. Check out my review here.
What are some of your favorite books of the year so far that you’ve read? Let me know!