Welcome to another Top Ten Tuesday! Today’s topic is top ten characters you want to check in with, meaning characters that you love and how you imagine their lives are like after their story ends. I think it’ll become clearer once I start talking about some of the characters I want to check in on.
1. Celeana Sardothian/Aelin Galathynius from the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas. Though this series isn’t over yet, I still would want to check in with her and ask how she felt when she discovered the truth about herself, did she love anyone or was she more focused on getting her kingdom back, and what did it feel like to be engulfed in flames. I think those are pretty solid questions, and even though they can be answered in the books, kind of, a think a direct, snarky response from her would be much more fitting.
2. America and Maxon from the Selection series by Kiera Cass. Now I know that the series is continuing on in “The Heir,” but it’s going to be following their daughter, Eadlyn, so I want to know how their lives were for the first few years of their marriage. Did they fight often? What about Aspen and Lucy, how were they? Was America adjusting to being a royal, a queen? Maybe I’ll get some answers in the next book.
3. Hazel Lancaster from “The Fault in Our Stars” by John Green. Does the chemo work? Is she still alive? How does she feel with Augustus gone? Is she healing her heart? This one’s tougher because the character might have died before I got to ask these questions.
4. Cath and Levi from “Fangirl” by Rainbow Rowell. Is Cath over her social anxiety? Does she still write fanfiction or is she done for good? Has Levi graduated? Found a job? Is life as much of a struggle after college for him and her as it has been for me? So much to relate to as a young adult.
5. Jubilee and Flynn from “This Shattered World” by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner. Are they still together? Has Avon become more inhabitable? Is there new technology on the planet that’s helping to fortify the lands? Does Jubilee miss being in the military? What are they both doing for jobs? Any wedding bells in the future? Any kids? They’d have cute babies, just saying.
6. Pooh Bear from “Winnie-the-Pooh” by A.A. Milne. What happens to Pooh when Christopher Robin grows up? Has he been tossed aside? Or has he been saved for when Christopher Robin has his own children? I think it would be really sweet and sentimental if one day Christopher Robin discovers Pooh just sitting in a box and decides to give it to his own child.
7. Eleanor and Park from “Eleanor & Park” by Rainbow Rowell. Did they date other people? Did they keep a long distance relationship? Where are they now? Do they remember each other? I hope they got back together in college or later on in life.
8. Bella Swan-Cullen from “Twilight” by Stephenie Meyer. Was it worth it to become a vampire? How are things going at home? Do you regret changing? How is Renesmee and all the family? Has anyone discovered your secret?
10. Clary and Jace from the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. How are things going in the Shadowhunter world? Do you guys have kids? What’s it like now that you two are older; do you reflect back on the times when you would constantly fight and thought you were siblings? Will you be my friend? Yes, I want them to be my friends.
Who are some of your top characters that you would want to check in with after the events in the book? Let me know!