Hey peeps! I obviously love doing things the last minute because I’m joining in the Biannual Bibliothon! If you don’t know what that is, it’s a readathon that’s hosted twice a year by some lovely people: Emma @ emmmabooks, Kelly @ Kellys Bookspill, Momo @ The Booktube Girl, Selena @ OhxXxSNAP13, Sierra @ sierrareads, Brittni @ Brittni Finds Books, Kassie @ MissSassyKassie, Red @ Little Red Reader, and Meagan @ Meagan Precourt and it’s all about coming together as a community to read some books, make some fun videos, and have a good time. This particular summer readathon is taking place from July 3rd to July 9th.
So for this summer’s readathon, there are seven reading challenges and seven video challenges, all of which I’m going to do my best to participate in. You are able to double up on the reading challenges, so I’m totally going to cheat and do that.
- Read the group book – The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson.
- Free read/wild card – Choose whatever book you want.
- Read a book from the host’s recommendations:
- Momo’s Choice: The Clockword Scarab by Colleen Gleason
- Selena’s Choice: Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
- Kelly’s Choice: Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
- Red’s Choice: Sorta Like a Rockstar by Matthew Quick
- Emma’s Choice: More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera
- Meagan’s Choice: The Archived by Victoria Schwab
- Kassie’s Choice: Arabat by Clive Barker
- Read a book with your favorite mythical creature – Witches, werewolves, vampires, oh my!
- Read a book you’ve been putting off picking up – You know the one that’s staring at you right now.
- Read a book from an author you’ve never read before – Spread your wings and reach out to the horizon!
- Read a book in a different format than you normally read – This can be in any form you don’t read most, so if you read physical books, try an ebook. Or read a webcomic, manga, graphic novel, audiobook, whatever!
Okay, so I’m going to double up on a few of these challenges, so here are the books I’m planning to read this week:
Now I’m not expecting to finish reading all of these this week given a) I’m a slow reader, b) I have a full time job, and c) I’m participating in Camp NaNoWriMo this month so I also want to focus on that. I’m going to try to read partials of all of the books, but really try to finish a couple of them.
- Sunday, July 3rd – Message in a bottle: Write a letter to your favorite (or least favorite) character.
- Monday, July 4th – Character Channel Take Over: Let a book character take control of your channel for a day.
- Tuesday, July 5th – Redesigned: Redesign a book cover.
- Wednesday, July 6th – Creative Book Review: Film a book review in a creative way (i.e. poetry, while baking, singing, etc).
- Thursday, July 7th – The Missing Scene: Create a scene that is missing from your favorite book to movie adaptation.
- Friday, July 8th – What Would I Do?: Insert yourself into a scene from a book and react to it.
- Saturday, July 9th – Scavenger Hunt: Find the list of items (or create them): President Snow’s white rose from The Hunger Games, Thalias tree from Percy Jackson, a creepy doll from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, Harry’s glasses from Harry Potter, a witchlight from The Mortal Instruments, antique key from The Archived, Edward’s jacket from Twilight.
I’ll be posting the first challenge later on tonight and then I’ll also link it in a new post later on tonight, too. This week I’m going to have some days where there are two posts per day, so that’ll be fun!
So that’s what I’m planning on reading and doing for this Biannual Bibliothon! I’m pretty pumped because I love that they gave a lot of creative ideas for the video challenges, so maybe that’ll help to inspire me in not only my video making, but also my writing.
Let’s Chat! ≧◡≦
Are you participating in this readathon? If you are, what video are you most excited to make? What book did you choose for the one you’ve been putting off? Tell me all the things.