Hey peeps and welcome to another Top Ten Tuesday as hosted by the lovely people over at The Broke & the Bookish. The topic for this week is a movie freebie, so we could talk about anything we wanted regarding movies. So I figured I’d just talk about my favorite movies of all time, pretty much. There’s so many great ones out there, but these all hold a special place in my heart.
1. Inside Out – When I first saw this movie, I sobbed. I sobbed the second and third time, too, because this movie touched a very special place in my heart. I loved how the creators decided to take the perspective from emotions and give it a twist. It was amazing how it was told and how it ended. It’s beautiful.
2. Zootopia – This was an especially important film that came out because it talked about racial division (or, in this case, species division), police brutality, Black Lives Matter, social norms, and more. It was incredible, and it was told in a fun story way in which I never lost interest and I needed to know what was going to happen next.
3. Princess Mononoke – This was my first PG-13 film, I think, and I saw it when I was seven. And it captivated me then as much as it does now. The plot is amazing and it speaks volumes even today, the animation is incredible, and the characters are some you want to root for – or strangle. It’s breathtaking and you should really watch it.
4. The Notebook – I mean… How can I not have this on here? As I love romance, this is definitely one of my favorite movies when it comes to romance. I love the story, the acting, the time in which it was set. All of it was incredible and excuse me while I sob because THAT ENDING.
5. Jurassic Park – I probably lied about the PG-13 movie thing, but I LOVE the Jurassic Park franchise (even though I haven’t seen the newest one yet…). I’ve always been into dinosaurs, long before I ever saw these movies, and they just enhanced my interest in them immensely. There was a time when I was a child that I would pour myself over books and internet articles and learn as much as I could about dinosaurs and the time in which they lived. This movie was amazing and was such a step from the norm of movies.
6. Howl’s Moving Castle – I’ve watched this movie so many times that I have a lot of the lines memorized. It’s kind of a problem. But I love this one to the moon and back and it’s honestly one of the best movies I’ve ever seen. The story, the animation, the romance, the characters, the art! It’s a masterpiece.
7. Spirited Away – Another Miyazaki film, who’d have thought. This movie has so much mystery and history and hidden gems that I love. It’s full of so much wonder, hope, and love. I love this movie so much.
8. Up – This was the movie I saw on our one year anniversary of being together back in the day when my husband and I were dating. We make it a point every year to see whatever Disney movie has come out, even though we may have missed a few. But this movie is one that I love because the characters are so funny, the story is both heartbreaking and hopeful, and it’s just a great tale of achieving dreams.
9. Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens – This. Movie. Was. Epic. I loved it so much. The second time I saw it I enjoyed it so much more and I think it’s just one of those movies that gets better the more you see it. It touched on the nostalgia of the earlier movies while giving a new storyline and awesome characters. Seriously: love it.
10. Wall-E – This was actually the first movie I saw with my husband when we first started dating. I think it was actually our first date. xD I love this movie for what it talks about because I love our earth and we need to do what we can to keep it safe for everyone and everything on it. Plus the animation is incredible and the story is captivating, too.
11. Kiki’s Delivery Service – More Miyazaki! Kiki is such a fun, heartwarming story of a young witch going out in the world trying to discover her potential as a witch, and there are bumps along the way, but she learns from them and I think that it’s such a great story of hope and never giving up.
12. My Neighbor Totoro – This one is just so cute and I love Totoro! I love all of the symoblism that Miyazaki includes in his stories and how the animators are able to bring these stories to life is incredible. It’s such a cute story that includes two young sisters, their dad, and Totoro, a forest spirit. It’s a fun adventure and you just need to see it.
Let’s Chat! ≧◡≦
Well, this turned into a very Disney/Ghibli oriented posted, but I love both of those companies, so I’m fine with that. What are some of your all time favorite movies? Have you seen any on my list?