It’s been a while since I’ve done a tag, but I’ve finally found one that I’m really interested in doing, and that is the unpopular opinions book tag! It was originally created by TheBookArcher on YouTube, so you can check out her video.
1. A Popular Book or series that you didn’t like.
“The Great Gatsy” by F Scott Fitzgerald. Yeah, I had to read this for school and it was just really boring and pointless. Sorry.
2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
This one’s hard because I either like or don’t like a lot of the same kinds of books other people I know do… Umm… Probably “The Selection” by Kiera Cass. I know a lot of people loved it, but a lot had problems with it, too. I really enjoyed it, so yeah, I’m going with that.
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn ppl for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don’t like.
I can’t think of anyone where I didn’t root for someone to end up with the person they ended up with… So let me flip it and say this: I hope Lia from The Kiss of Deception trilogy ends up with Kaden. That is all.
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
I don’t know how popular it is, but I never go for any sort of mystery book. I just find the suspense to be too much, and if there isn’t enough action or romance, then I kind of don’t want to read it. But maybe that’s just me.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
Magnus Damora from the Falling Kingdoms series by Morgan Rhodes. I don’t know why everyone loves him (I’m trying to, but I just can’t). He’s just kind of annoying and mean and cruel and I don’t know.. He just doesn’t sit well with me right now.
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
Garth Nix. I’m trying to read Sabriel and I just can’t get into it. It’s so slow and the writing isn’t really all that captivating… I don’t know, it’s hard.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing. (examples “lost princess”, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
I’m tired of seeing the one parent thing. I understand it happens in the real world, but it’s so common in YA it’s like, “Uh, can we pick something new here?” I enjoy reading books with both parents who are active in their child’s life, in good ways and bad.
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
The Shiver trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater. I picked it up, read the first paragraph, and put it back on the shelf at the store. I just couldn’t get hooked from the get go, so it’s just not happening.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
As of right now, I’m enjoying the Hunger Games movies, and it’s not because I disliked the books — it’s because I haven’t read them yet, hahaha!
What are some of your unpopular opinions to these questions? Let me know! And if you want to do this tag, go right ahead, just be sure to give proper credit!