This tag was created by Jesse at jessethereader on YouTube. I thought this tag was creative and it really got me thinking, so I figured I’d share it with you!
1. What two authors would you like to see put their writing skills together to write a book?
I’d love to see Cassandra Clare and Sarah J Maas put their writing skills together. Can you imagine? Two fantasy authors coming together to create epic characters, epic plot, an epic world… Oh! I’m getting all excited just imagining my own mash-up!
2. What is your favorite author collaboration? Whether it be a short story collection or just a book that the authors worked together on.
Hmm, I think that “These Broken Stars” and “This Shattered World” by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner take the cut because they wrote characters that are likable and relatable, as well as worlds that are truly captivating. I love their sci-fi exploration and how the two work together. It’s truly great.
3. If you could combine two stories and make them a book of their own, which would they be? & what would the reworked title be?
Oooh, what if The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare was mashed with the Divergent world by Veronica Roth? I think that would be kind of interesting. Clary is part of the society of factions and discovers that, not only is she Divergent, but there are monsters out there, too? Ahhhh, so cool!
And the reworked title would be… The Mortal Instruments: Divergent. (Okay, yeah, it’s horrible, moving on…)
4. What two characters from different books do you ship?
Hmm… Why is this always a hard one? I think I’d pair… Maxon from the Selection series by Kiera Cass with Cleo from the Falling Kingdoms series by Morgan Rhodes. They’re both royals, they’re both kind of stubborn in their own ways, but I think Maxon’s calm demeanor can help to reign in Cleo’s outgoing personality.
5. What two worlds from different stories would you like see come together to be one epic world?
Maybe the world of “Cinder” by Marissa Meyer coming together with the world of “Snow Like Ashes” by Sara Raasch. One world is much more decimated than the other, while the other has magic in some ways and flourishes. I think it would be cool to combine technology with old world magic.
6. What duology/trilogy/series would you have liked to see be combined in to one book?
Well, in all honesty, I think any novella of a series should be included at the end of any of the books in the series rather than being a separate entity entirely. I enjoy the side stories and they usually add to the characters or the plot already, so it’s always enjoyable to read them. I just wish they were more often than not included in the main books, you know?
What are your answers for these questions? Let me know in the comments!