So as I was staring at the books on my shelf I realized that I have several series and stand-alones that I haven’t gotten around to reading or finishing in years for various reasons, and to make room on my shelf for my ever growing collection of books that I do read, I decided to take them off of my shelf and pack them away for a later time.
These books have been on my shelf for a while now just collecting dust, and since I know that I’m not in that phase anymore (most are vampire books), I wanted to make room for books that I know I’ll read and potentially reread.
The books that I unhauled are:
- The Vampire Academy series (1-6) by Richelle Mead. I started reading these books after the Twilight craze, and I found that as I read them, they got slow and boring and I couldn’t make it through book three. So they’ve just been sitting there on my shelf (all six) and I haven’t gotten around to them in years. So they’re being put away so I don’t have to keep staring at them and wondering if I’ll ever get around to reading them.
- The Blue Bloods series (1-6 + extras) by Melissa De La Cruz. I started these around the same time as Vampire Academy for the same reasons, and I felt that it was a compelling story, but I put book three down and I lost it… So I can’t continue it even if I wanted to.
- Vampire Crush by A.M. Robinson. I remember this book being really cute and funny, and I only had about 100 pages left when I put it down and never picked it up again. Again, I’m not really in the vampire mood, so I don’t think I’ll be getting around to finishing it even though I was so close before.
- Fire Bringer by David Clement-Davies. This is a middle grade book that I picked up in high school and tried to read, and I found that though it was really cool to read from the perspective of a deer, that the plot just kept dragging on and on. I also have The Sight by the same author and I don’t think I’ll be reading either anytime soon.
- Tiger’s Curse by Colleen Houck. I actually didn’t realize when I bought the hard copy that I already had an e-book version, so I’m going to be giving this to my friend since she was interested in reading it. Whoops.
- The Host by Stephenie Meyer. Right after Twilight, this book came out, and I just had to get it at the time. I read only about 100 pages but it just didn’t hold my interest. So I’m putting it away.
The next few books that I’ll be unhauling from my shelf weren’t included in my video, but I have read one; I just want to put them away for now:
- If I Should Die Before I Wake by Han Nolan. This is a book I had to read for summer reading one year, and it was a very intense book for someone who was younger to read. I did enjoy the book, though, but I’m going to pack it away as I know I probably won’t be rereading it anytime soon.
- Red Riding Hood by Sarah Blakley-Cartwright. This was based on a screenplay, which was then turned into a movie. I have the movie, haven’t read the book, but I did enjoy the movie. I’m just going to pack this away because it’s been on my shelf for years and I never read it, so… yeah.
And that is it for my unhaul. It’s a lot of books, yes, but I have a lot more room on my shelf, which is nice, and I’ll be able to include more books that I know I’ll be reading.
Accompanying video: Book Unhaul 1
Have you ever done an unhaul? What books did you unhaul, and how many? Did you give them to charity or just pack them away like I did? Let me know in the comments!