Hey peeps and welcome to another Top Ten Tuesday as hosted by the lovely people over at The Broke & the Bookish. Today’s topic is all about books we wouldn’t mind Santa leaving under our trees and boy oh boy, I know we all have pretty long lists about some of the books we’d like under our trees. So without further ado, here’s some books I’d love Santa to leave me:
1. The rest of the Fushigi Yuugi series that I don’t have. As my favorite manga series I really want to finish collecting the books, and I’m only missing seven of them, I think, but they’re kind of hard to find!
2. Made You Up by Francesca Zappia. This is a story about a girl who has a type of schizophrenia and as I’ve never read a book about that kind of perspective, I thought that it would be an interesting read.
3. Paperweight by Meg Haston. This is about a girl who has an eating disorder, and, like the book before this one, I’ve never read a book about someone with an eating disorder, so I think it would be interesting to get that perspective and see how this character deals with it.
4. The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen. I’ve been interested in reading this book for some time now, I just haven’t picked it up yet. I hear it’s a much slower fantasy story, with a much more politically based plot, which intrigues me.
5. More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera. I’ve been wanting to read this since I first heard about it, I just haven’t picked it up yet! Also, Adam’s just a fun person in general so I think that this would be a really cool read.
6. This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales. I think that this book that deals with music as a sort of therapy would be a good read because I know that I use music as a sort of therapy for myself even if I’m not consciously aware of it.
7. Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens. This is a story about a girl who’s been raped and how she lives life after the incident and I think that this would be one of those stories that would have an impact on me.
8. All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. A book about suicide is a very touchy subject, but it’s also a topic I’m passionate about and I hear that the writing in this book is really beautiful.
9. The rest of the Ceres: Celestial Legend books that I don’t own. Again, like the Fushigi Yuugi series, I don’t own all of the books to some of my favorite series by Yuu Watase, so I’ll also include Imadoki! Nowadays! here, too.
10. Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow. Yup. #noshame #Hamiltontrash
Let’s Chat! ≧◡≦
What books would you love Santa to leave you? If you don’t want books, what kinds of things would you hope to find under the tree? Let me know!