Hey peeps and welcome to another Top Ten Tuesday as hosted by the lovely people over at The Broke & the Bookish. This week is all about what we’re thankful for because here in the U.S.A. is the week of Thanksgiving (which is on the 24th). So today I’m going to do two categories: a) bookish things I’m thankful for having in my life, and b) things I’m thankful for in my personal life. Let’s go!
Bookish Things I’m Thankful For…
1. I was able to attend three book signings this year. I think that that’s incredible because I haven’t been to a book signing since Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer came out YEARS ago. And each signing was a blast and much better than that first experience.
2. I got to meet my favorite author at one of those said signings. Sarah J. Maas was so sweet and so fun to listen to during her chat. I asked her what quote from her books I should get as a tattoo, and she named a few I already loved, and yes, I will be getting one soon.
3. Giveaways! Yes, I’ve actually won a couple, which is cool. They may have been swag or for a coloring book, but it was still cool to be able to win something since it doesn’t happen often.
4. Getting a subscription box almost each month. It’s always so fun opening the boxes and seeing what’s inside. It’s like my birthday is every month when I get one!
5. To have such a wonderful community to connect with. Seriously, everyone I’ve met in the book community has been amazingly nice, compassionate, and friendly. I’ve made some friends with people and I think that that’s so cool, how our common love of books brought us all together.
Personal Things I’m Thankful For…
6. Family. Things kind of took a major downhill turn in my family, but we’re coping and dealing with it every day. It’s not 100% better, but we make do with what we can, and that’s all we can ask for. And other than that, my family is great at caring and wanting to be there to help, which is great.
7. My husband. I know he can be lumped into the family category, but I want to put him in his own spot because I love him very much, and through all of the family stuff he’s been my constant rock and I appreciate him so much for that.
8. My best friend. She stepped up to the plate and offered to help when my family kind of crumbled, and I’m very thankful to her for that. She’s over every week, and she helps by just being here. I don’t know what I’d do without her and I love her very much.
9. I’ve been at my current job for over a year. I mean, I was at my previous one for almost six years, but still, this is a “big girl” job and I’m glad to say I’ve made it past the one year mark by a few months. I also appreciate that I get praise and appreciated there because I’m an efficient worker and I get things done.
10. For this blog and the community that I’m in. As I stated before, this community is amazing and I love that I’m part of it. But not only that, but I’m just grateful that I’ve been running this blog for over two years, and I love it so very much. It gives me a place to feel like I belong, a place where I can go to be calm, a place that I can call my own and design and use how I wish. I’m so thankful to those who read this blog, comment, and to just have a space to call mine on the Internet.
Let’s Chat! ≧◡≦
Happy Thanksgiving! How do you celebrate? Do you have a big family gathering, or is it smaller and more quaint? What are you most thankful for this year?