It’s been a while since I did a post, but I wanted to update with a book haul!
So my birthday was on the 18th and I got a gift card to Barnes and Noble. Of course I had to go buy some books (I don’t have a book buying problem, what’re you talking about?). I got nine books in this haul, so let me talk a little bit about them:
- “Legend” by Marie Lu – This books sounds like it’s a dystopian type of novel mixed with romance, action, and adventure. I’ve heard many good things about it, and can’t wait to read it.
- “The Coldest Girl in Coldtown” by Holly Black – This book also sounds like a type of dystopian and it’s about a girl, Tana, who lives in a world with monsters and humans fighting for survival. She wakes up one day to find many dead people and has to help her ex-boyfriend and a mysterious boy survive Coldtown. Sounds pretty cool, right?
- “Dream Boy” by Mary Crockett and Madelyn Rosenberg – This book has an interesting premise of a girl who’s dreams become reality and how her “dream guy” suddenly walks into class one day, but she soon discovers that some dreams turn into nightmares (dun dun dunnnn!). Sounds really interesting and exciting.
- “The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight” by Jennifer E. Smith – I’ve heard many great things about this book and I needed a light read, too. It’s about a girl who gets stuck at the airport on her way to her father’s second wedding in London when she meets this boy who’s also stuck at the airport. It’s a romance novel for sure and it sounds really cute.
- “Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children” by Ransom Riggs – This books sounds all kinds of creepy and interesting and would definitely be a good Halloween book to read. I’ve seen it around for years and finally picked it up. It’s about a boy who visits a remote island of the coast of Wales and he’s heard about the Home and how the children there were peculiar; he actually finds that they might have been dangerous and secluded for that reason. Sounds creepy. I like it.
- “Six Months Later” by Natalie D. Richards – The cover is what drew me to this book and I’m really curious to see how it turns out. It’s about a girl who falls asleep in study hall during May and wakes up during December when there’s snow on the ground and she can’t remember the past six months at all. There are many things going on that don’t make sense in her life and she’s trying to find out the truth – which might be dangerous if she does.
- “The Beginning of Everything” by Robyn Schneider – This book sounds like a fun, mostly lighthearted read of a guy who just doesn’t have much luck and of the girl he meets and falls in love with. Another good romance novel? I hope so.
- “Me and Earl and the Dying Girl” by Jesse Andrews – I love the cover of this book, for sure. It’s about two friends who share the common interest of film making together, and about a girl with cancer whom they meet their senior year of high school. Sounds interesting and I can’t wait to read it.
- “Shatter Me” by Tahereh Mafi – First off, the cover is gorgeous (not the one on Goodreads). Second, the premise of the book sounds cool with how the main character’s touch can potentially kill people. She’s being watched by something called The Reestablishment, but she has plans of her own.
So, nine more books to add to my TBR pile, yay! But they all seem interesting and cool and I can’t wait to read them.
Accompanying video: August 2014 Book Haul
Let me know in the comments if you’ve read any of the books and what you thought about them!