Anywayyyy, with it being Valentine’s Day today this TTT is all about our favorite romance tropes/types. Now, we all know that I love love and reading about romance (cute and smutty kind), but what’s the number one thing that I LOVE the most?
There’s seriously just something about them that makes my heart all aflutter and makes the angst go through the roof and I NEED IT MORE IN MY LIFE. AHH.
Okay, with that being said, here’s my list!
1. P.S. I Like You by Kasie West – I loved this book and the romance in it and I just about melted from the angst and feelings and ahhhhhhhh!
2. Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews – Ooh, this adult urban fantasy is just FULL of hate-to-love and super angsty the first few books. And then it gets steamy and dayyyyum. Just. Yes.
3. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han – I mean, having a boy that you’re not interested in be your pretend boyfriend constitutes the same thing, right? Especially when those feelings become real on both ends.
4. The Raven Boys by Maggie Steifvater – WE KNEW THE FATE SINCE THE FIRST CHAPTER. And yet it still broke me and Blue is the most stubborn girl of ever and I love themmmmmm.
5. The Starbound trilogy by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner – Each one of these books in the trilogy has a main couple who goes from hate-to-love and that’s probably why this is one of my favorite trilogies of all time. And the characters are amazing together and just… *squee*
6. Daughter of Smoke & Bone trilogy by Laini Taylor – Not only is there beautiful writing and a beautiful story, but two characters who have a past that don’t know it and they hate each other at first until one realizes they had a past and… THE EMOTIONS. ALL 76 OF THEM. *sobs eternally*
7. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi – I’m Warnette trash when it comes to this trilogy. Oh my Go, I didn’t think I’d root for them at all, but they’re perfect together. Perfect.
8. A Court of Thorns and Roses trilogy by Sarah J. Maas – I mean there was romance in the first book, but that hate-to-love relationship with Rhys was just one that set the world on fire. Or damn near close to it.
9. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh – THE ANGST. OH MY GOD. Renee can write such amazing love stories without it being overpowering and with us really understanding the characters, even when they originally set out to kill the other. So good.
10. Morrighan by Mary E. Pearson – This novella had me feeling ALL THE FEELS and I’m SO SAD it’s only a novella because I could read about these two ALL DAY.
Let’s Chat! ≧◡≦
What are some of your favorite romance tropes? Do you like the hate-to-love romances? What gets your heart all aflutter and wanting more when it comes to romance? Tell me all the things!